↘ Counting Down the Days ↙ Chris Redfield

Chris rose a brow at the dark-haired woman who had taken it upon herself to sprawl out on the couch and left him no room. In his hand he held a plate of food, his dinner to be exact as he still stared down at his roommate for several long moments. She had just gotten back from Physical Training with her recruiters and fellow poolees and had crashed on the couch as soon as she had come home to their small apartment.

"You plan on moving any time soon?"

His answer was an exasperated and exhausted sounding groan. She still managed to roll over and cuddle up within herself slowly and giving the tall dark-haired man some room. He promptly plopped down onto the couch. Chris Redfield was currently waiting to be given further orders for his job placement as a pilot in the Airforce... His roommate however was still stuck waiting to be sent off to Marine CORP boot camp...

"How many days until you're sent to boot camp, Kelly?" he inquired, picking up the remote and digging into his plate of food contently.

"124 days!" she announced in a loud shout, pointing at him in determination and he snorted in amusement as a smile crossed his lips. Kelly was definitely an amusing person at times... "Not that I'm counting or anything..."

Chris spared Kelly a bemused glance; "Isn't that counting?"

"No." she spoke simply before pointing at a stack of papers on the wall she had thumb tacked up. The top most paper read OCTOBER 2010 and had the dates listed out on it in increments of seven, with separate numbers below them reaching up into the 100's and counting down. It should be noted that they were written down in metallic colored marker... "My (makeshift) calendar is! I dunno what yer talkin' about!"

Chris laughed and answered lightly, "Right. The calendar..."

"So, how long till you get shipped out for your first job, Chris?"

"8 days.... Not that I'm counting or anything." It was Kelly's turn to laugh at him.