Knight ||Leon S. Kennedy||

Fear, worry, shock - all of these things ran through her as she cowered behind the rock, flinching at the gunshots that rang out every so often. Once again, Dena had taken to hiding behind a nearby tree as zombies and other rather mutated creatures had attacked the small group once again.

She could hear Manuela let out a startled yep, footsteps shuffling closer as this happened and Dena could only presume that this was because Manuela was making her way to shelter behind the larger boulder as well.

"Kid, would you get back?!" came Krauser's frustrated shouting, no doubt aimed at Blaze, the one who always fought back no matter who was there to try and keep her safe. She was never satisfied unless she could take full responsibility for whatever would happen to her, even resorting to getting into the fight with the undead despite not having a firearm to do so.

"I can fight, too!" came Blaze's obstinate retort and at any other moment in time, Dena would have chuckled sardonically at this.

Any other time they had not been under attack, however.

"Look out!" Manuela's voice cried out and Dena had enough time to lock gazes with Manuela's panicked one as the South American pointed wildly behind her in her warning.

Eyes widening further Dena swiveled around, heart hammering even louder in her ears as things seemed to slow. The zombie that had snuck its way around her was reaching out, groping for her as it gnashed its teeth in anticipation for its meal.

Dena froze, like that of a deer caught in the headlights after dark.

A loud gunshot rang out once again, echoing around between trees of the humid forest before lapsing into silence. Blood had splattered to the ground before the zombie's body had crumpled there as well with a loud and dull 'thud' before remaining motionless at her feet having been shot between the eyes.

"You alright?" Leon's voice spoke up, soft and gentle compared to that of Krauser's as he held out a hand to her. Dena placed a shaking hand within his and allowed him to pull her up gently, concern on his face as she nodded in a daze.

"Ye-yeah..."

"Awwww, now give her a kiss~," came Blaze's sing-song taunt causing Dena's face to become inflame and to hide it within her free hand, Leon still having yet to release her other. Manuela giggled behind her own hand at this, a smile gracing her face.

It seemed that Krauser had managed to take out the rest of the enemies as well within that short time span, or what was left at that point.

"Get your head out of the clouds," Krauser scoffed, rapping Blaze's skull with his knuckles lightly though it didn't stop her from flinching and adopting a frustrated expression.

"Bah! Leon's her knight~ He's supposed to kiss her now!"

Leon gave a chuckle, though his own cheeks were dusted a very light pink at this accusation. "We'll see," he jested, smiling down at Dena who braved a shy smile back at this.

"Ye-yes.... We'll see..." she echoed back in her attempt to finish the joke, and hopefully to get Blaze to stop taunting her.