Prove me Wrong ||Vector||

"Dude, you're totally in love with Oki, admit it." Fang yawned, leaning back on her elbows on the counter behind her. Her eyes watched as the man known only as Vector seemed to freeze at the accusation. He turned, glaring at the cocky woman from behind the lens of his gas mask, he was about to go on another mission, technically they both were, with Lupo, Beltway, Four Eyes, Bertha, Spectre and even Oki. Oki and Fang were tagging along with WOLFPACK solely because the mission parameters required their talents.

It didn’t help that the rest of their team previously had been decimated on the last mission, only the two coming out alive.

Team HAWK-WING was now in shambles.

“You have no right to make such accusations.” Vector scoffed from behind the mask, his voice muffled.

Fang merely smirked, gas mask in hand, it seemed she was putting off actually adorning it. The smirk was irritating him already and she only seemed to grow smugger as she stated; “Prove me wrong. Give her a kiss and tell me your heart doesn’t flutter or some romantic bull like that.”

“You got yourself a deal.” came the rather hasty reply, determined to prove this female wrong burning in Vector’s chest.

However, another unidentified feeling lingered as well, causing adrenaline to course throw him. Vector didn’t like it much....

{|X|}

“Oki,” Vector’s voice called out causing the woman to freeze, turning around to glance at the man she was enamored with. It was clear Oki was exhausted from the mission they had returned from, her own gas mask in hand and dark circles beneath her eyes.

“Yes?” came the exhausted reply, a slow and confused blink accompanying the inquiry. “Do you need something, Vector?”

Oki watched as Vector stalked up, a hand moving to his gas mask and pulling it away, the hood of his mission uniform falling down about his neck. This act alone caused Oki’s breath to catch in her throat as she finally caught a glimpse of the man’s face, Vector often trained in it after all. She didn’t get much time to admire his facial features, however, before a hand tilted her chin up and his lips captured her own in a hasty and chaste kiss.

A muffled yelp of surprise emitted from Oki before Vector pulled away, spinning around on the balls of his feet and rushing away leaving a highly confounded Oki behind who remained red-faced for several minutes after.

Vector couldn’t deny the fact that his heart was jumping wildly in his chest, to the point where he could believe that it was attempting to hammer its way out of his own chest. Damn that woman, Vector decided and he couldn’t decide if he meant Fang for being correct in her accusations or Oki for making him feel that way.

{|X|}

“So he finally kissed you, eh?” Fang questioned, a knowing smirk on her lips as she watched Oki pace back and forth. This had been happening for some time and Fang was a little astonished over the fact that there was no impression on the floor from Oki’s pacing.

“But!”

“But what?”

“He can’t like me like that!”

“Why not?” A brow quirked up, as if of its own accord as the smirk left Fang’s face at this worried statement from Oki.

“Just because! He’s so intimidating!”

“Even the most intimidating of men have a soft spot~,” sang Fang.

“But it’s impossible!” Oki, halted at those words, remembering the last time someone said that very line to Fang. It had been HUNK, something about it being impossible for Fang to get him to take his pants off for her. Word of mouth (from Fang) and a lack of argument from HUNK had told Oki that this had happened, though the circumstances had called for it in order for Fang to treat HUNK’s wound.

It seemed Fang recalled this, too, as she was smirking once more.

Oki huffed, cheeks dusted pink before she stated what Fang had told Vector; “Okay then, prove me wrong.”

Fang sighed. Playing matchmaker was hard...