Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Carly, you need to slow down and tell me everything from the beginning. We only left Ry's house a little while ago."

I tried to calm my sister as I walked out of the awards room. There was no way I wanted to ruin anything in this room. It meant a lot to Max, and Max was starting to mean a lot to me. I pushed that thought aside for now and focused on my sister.

"I went with the whole threesome idea, and now he's in my room, on my bed, having sex with a woman who I only just met this morning! It was fine when we were just playing around together, but now he's kicked me out of my own room." She wailed and I frowned.

It wasn't like Carly to let someone treat her with such disrespect. Normally, she would boot out anyone who even attempted such a move.

"Carly, I love you girl. I hate to drop this news on you, but Ry's cheated on you so it's probably the same woman." I said with a wince, awaiting the squeal over the phone.

"What? How do you know he cheated on me?" her voice dropped into cold anger.

"Max found out today and he told me." A slight lie there but I chose to protect Max from Carly's fury.

"Oh, I see."

I could tell that she was about to cry again, but I wasn't sure how to reassure her. Carly would never stand for the way Ry treated her from any other man. I could only wonder what he had over her.

"We'll come home now. I promise that I'll be there soon, okay." I tried to soothe her as I marched into the lounge room where Max still sat on the couch.

"Alright." She whispered before hanging up the phone.

"What's happening, Honey Bee?" Max asked as his eyes trailed over me in a heated way.

"Ry convinced Carly to go along with the threesome idea. Apparently, it was all going fine until Ry kicked her out to focus on the other woman. I guess it's the same woman he's cheated with." I shrugged my shoulders as I explained.

"Damn, so we have to leave?" he didn't sound happy about that.

"Yeah, she's pretty upset." I said as I chucked my phone back into my handbag.

"You might need this before you go anywhere." Max picked up my shirt and handed it to me with the cheekiest grin.

Realising I'd just wandered around his house talking on the phone half naked made me blush. I snatched my shirt off him and tugged it over my head as I willed the blush away.

"That was worth every moment of watching you strut around here. I should've removed your bra too, then I really would've had a show." His wink returned.

"I'm sure I would've noticed that." I pointed out but that only made his sexy grin widen.

"We should get going and sort Ry out." Max started to scold and I missed his charm in that one moment.

"For the second time today." I added.

"He's always a hassle. It's why I used to look out for him, because he always has some dilemma. Let's at least try and get him out of Carly's life. Seems like we'll need that couch a lot earlier than I thought." He mused as he stood.

"The couch?"

"It'll give Carly a chance to vent her frustrations. C'mon, Honey Bee, as much as I don't want to leave, and I want to keep making out with you, we have family to deal with once more." Max picked up his keys and wallet before he guided me out of the house.

On the drive to our apartment, I worried over what I might find at home. Knowing Ry had such blatant disregard for my sister had started my fury bubbling. We were both protective of each other, and I'd always disliked Ry.