"Touch the Sand"

I was in 2nd grade at this time and apparently, I knew the four words, "shut the fuck up". I don't even know where I heard those words.

So in school, I was doing my work quietly to myself at a table with this girl I absolutely despised. She was giggling to her friends and I caught her pointing at me.

Who knew that little girls were such bullies.

I remembered her writing something down on a paper, and then she passed it to me. I didn't remember what she wrote, but it clearly irritated me because I wrote down for her to, "shut the fuck up".

And oh my gosh, This girl did the harshest thing you could do back in second grade. She grabbed the paper and ran to the teacher, crying out that I had said a bad word.

The teacher was shocked and called the counselor. The counselor came and took me to her office, which was filled with kids' toys. I sat down next to this small box filled with sand. The counselor barely started when I began crying.

I was a very emotional person and still am. Don't judge.

And then she was like, "Touch the sand. Feel how soft it is," And her hands were buried in the sand, feeling how fucking soft the sand was.

But I was shaking my head and continued to cry quietly. She then started with the questions.

"Did your parents ever used that word?"

"Has your dad ever hit or yell at your mom?"

"Do you have a sister?"

"Has he ever hit or yell at your sister?"

And I was just shaking my head while continuously crying. And holy hell, you know what she asked next?

"Do you want to touch the sand?"

Like, if I didn't want to touch it the first time, what makes you think that I would want to touch it now?

Common sense?

After all that nonsense, she took me back to class and I had to apologize to the girl/demon in disguise. She accepted it with an innocent smile but I could see the evilness behind it.

My worst day in second grade.