Author's Note

This is my attempt at flexing some of my humor. I was randomly sitting in my living room one day and got the idea for a story like this and its not gotten out of my head since. I thought I would take a moment and briefly describe my characters. I usually omit physical descriptions on purpose to give you guys the chance to put your own people in place and maybe relate to the story on a more personal level. I did have kind of a rough idea for these characters so I thought I would include it and you can run with it or not.

Also, as I'm writing this I'm deciding I don't like the names for the chapters. So, just keep in mind that every other chapter is written from a different perspective, starting with Lauren and going back and forth. I'm going to ditch those names.

Ashley is our Stan in this story. She is in her early 30s, just because I don't like writing about a girl being with Em who is too young. She is what I would consider to be a full fledged Stan. She listens to Em throughout her daily routine, including while working, and put his photos everywhere she can. She is average looking, maybe you could say girl next door kind of. This is the character I would consider to be most like myself, or yourself.

Lauren is the "gold digger". I kind of hate to call her that but she is looking for a man to swoop in and "save" her so to speak so she doesn't have to work anymore. She is in her late 30s, like maybe 38? But she doesn't look or act like it. Her life has been kind of aloof in that she never really had a set direction for herself. She has a boyfriend, Mark, who you will kind of meet in the first chapter. He works a job on evening hours and is a bit younger than her. I kind of pictured her as a model-ish type: busty, blonde, kind of ditzy. Em sees this type of girl all the time, and in the beginning stages of the story he is blatantly interested in sex with her only. 

I hope this isn't a total bust! I am trying to write other things besides love stories. A love story does have potential to flourish here, but it wont develop right away so be patient with me. In the meantime, I will try to make this interesting enough to ride with. 

Thanks in advance for reading, voting, sharing and all the support I get on here. It means a lot to me since I have never considered myself a good writer. :)

Without further ado: THE SWITCH :)