Chapter 7

"Hey Mia," I heard a voice from behind me and I couldn't help but cringe in disgust.

Putting on the best fake smile I could muster up, I greeted "Oh hey Marcus, didn't see you there."

Suddenly I was pushed up against the lockers as  Marcus cornered me. He was inches away from my face and for some reason I felt like my life was being drained out of me. Literally. My whole body began to shake beneath him as he smirked and kept me up by the waist.

"You didn't think you could fool me that easily, did you...Kim Falcon." I looked into his eyes in shock and in pain. What in the world was he doing to me and how. We wasn't even touching me and yet everything seems like it's fading away. My head rolled to the side when I saw a small, blue colored glowing ring on his right hand.

"Oh that, it's just a ring I got from a fellow villan you know. It weakens and kills any supers that the wearer comands. Funny how your still awake even at its full force. Your stronger than I though you'd be."

"What do you want, " I mumbled, beginning to collapse onto the ground when Marcus held me up by my waist. I didn't have the strength to swat his hands away, everything hurt to much. "I want you to stay away from my business, I know you know something is up. If you get near things you shouldn't, you get burned. Or in this case, " he lifted my face to meet his eyes as he whispered ,"people you care dearly about will get hurt. I managed to take you down with a small stone. Imagine what I could do with a bigger version of this."

I growled "you wouldn't dare"

"Would you like to see me try?"

I wasn't willing to take that risk so I shook my head.

"Good, for a second there I thought I had to hurt Leo to get your attention. Like I care, he's just a dweeb."

I mumbled while clenching my fist ", you have no soul"

He smirked ",I'm not suppose to, I'm an android after all."

Suddenly he pressed himself against me and said ", if you do what I say, your family and friends won't get hurt. Do you understand me?"

I nodded as he whispered in my ear ", glad we had this conversation."

Once he left I collapsed on the ground, not moving at all. I couldn't have. I was too weak. My breathes were short and labored, my voice was hoarse but I was able to call out for someone before I closed my eyes and suddenly stopped breathing.

____________________________________________________

"Hey little sis," I heard someone say while slowly cradling me. I opened my eyes and saw my brother Jake with a worried expression etched across his face.

"Jake?" I said, my voice very hoarse. He smiled at me, as if he just found out the best news of his life. Suddenly I heard running and the next thing you know, Bree was right besides me, giving me one of the tightest hugs in history.

"Thank God your alright. When I saw you in the hallway, I thought you were dead. I mean..." Bree couldn't speak anymore, instead she just gave me an even tighter hug. I noticed that I wasn't in the hallway but in room 113. The old science lab that is restricted to everyone. I don't know why though.

Sniffling, Bree said ", I should go tell my brothers-"

"-don't tell them anything. Please don't" I cut her off. She opened her mouth to refuse but I said ", no Bree. Please. I don't want them worrying about me ok. Promise."

She hesitantly agreed, right when the bell rang for next period.