Chapter 4

"Hey Ada-what in the world are you doing and what happened to your arm?" I asked as I walked down the stairs to see Adam 'cautiously' walking down the stairs.

I ran to him panicked as he said ",oh, hey Mia. I'm just trying to live while walking down the stairs. Also I dislocated my shoulder."

I rolled my eyes "Chase?"

Adam shook his head "no, my heat vision...and Chase"

"Adam what are you doing?" Chase asked once he passed by the stair case.

"That accident was a wake up call. I never realized how unsafe the world is, danger lurks around ever corner and it uses the stairs to get there!" Adam said dramatically.

"Hey Chase" I greeted.

"Hey Mia"

Our eyes locked for a second before breaking eye contact and looking back at Adam who was telling Ms. Thistle to go around him.

Since it wasn't that important that I stay here, I continued my decent down the stairs as Chase punched his brother and ran off.

__________________________

"Mia!" I heard Chase call my name as I walked out of school. I turned around and gave him a questioning look, what happened this time?

"Hi to you too Chase...what's up?"

"Adam quit the team"

I did a double take "Excuse me!"

Chase looked extremely stressed out, I know how that's like. "He's so into being safe that he he doesn't want to go on anymore missions."

Suddenly his face lit up "You can talk to him?"

My eyes widened in surprised as I asked "wait! Why me?"

"Because...you have the ability to make change, make people listen. If you talk to Adam then he'll definitely listen to you and want to go on missions again."

I shook my head and looked down, "Chase, I don't have that kind of power over anyone."

Suddenly, I was spun around facing Chase as he looked me in the eye, grabbed my shoulders, and said "Mia, you do have that power, you have to stop doubting yourself and start believing. For Adam, for the team," Chase was only inches from my face as he whispered the last part "For me?"

Ok, if Chase had some scary bionic ability to make me do whatever he asks then...I'm screwed.

_________________________________

"Adam did you put a seatbelt on the toilet?" Chase asked his brother as I opened the door to their house.

"Yup, and in the likely event of a bath tub overflow, the bath mat may be used as a floation device." Adam responded as he wore this special suit while taking out toast.

"What are you wearing?"

"Safety suit. You can never be too safe when making toast."

"Adam this is ridiculous. Life is about getting hurt. I get hurt all the time but I don't go overboard and quit." Chase said, trying to motivate his brother.

Adam looked scared for a moment "Yeah but you're suppose to get hurt. I'm a huge muscular beastly man. For me, it's just unnatural."

Chase still went on "Look, you can't quit the team. Without you Bree and I can't do it, we need your strength and your......strength."

"Sorry Chase, I made up my mind. You know the saying: There is no me in team."

Adam took out the piece of toast and ate it ",There! I have successfully made toast without injury, all while wearing my safety suit. Oh hey Mia!"