Chapter 6

I was at the Davenport's today because Leo wanted me to join movie night with them.

He says that we don't hang out together as much so he invited me over.

Not that I have a problem with that but when I arrived Mr. Davenport dragged us all downstairs for some obscure reason for his new invention that it is to die for (note the sarcasm).

Leo right now is frustrated with Mr. Davenport and his build ups. "You know for a scientist, you would think you're payoffs would be a bit more proportioned to your build ups." Leo said as we all stared at this...whatever this is we're looking at.

"Uh, the payoff is it allows us to see the origins of the universe. This thing fuses subatomic particles so we can understand how planets form!" He answered back excitedly.

"Well we already understand how boredom forms," Bree said. I didn't say much but just stare at this...subatomic  whatever.

"Have you ever wondered where stuff comes from? Galaxies? Stars? Planets?"

"This stuff? No. Onion rings? Yes!" Adam answered making us all laugh.

Mr. Davenport continued ",Guys! I have always wanted to build this thing and now it's a reality! It's an important life lesson. If you have a dream, believe in it cause it can happen"

"Dreams are illustrations the book from your soul is writing about you" I quoted as everyone looked at me weirdly.

Leo raised an eyebrow at me and asked "really Mia? A dream quote? Where do you get these quotes?"

I just ignored him and waved my hand to signify that I didn't want to answer.

"Um...Mr. Davenport? Isn't it dangerous to tinker with the fabric of the universe?" Chase asked as Adam joked about Chase saying Tinker.

"Yes, techinically, it could desabilize the earth or open up a wormhole into a parallel universe...but I made it and now I wanna play with it."

Suddenly my electric shield activated itself around me and everyone stared at me oddly again.

Bree laughed and asked "super senses?"

"Yep, super senses. This only happens whenever I feel like something bad is going to happen and my powers go awal...sometimes."

Adam touched me before being electrocuted by my shield.

"Sorry" I mumbled as Mr. Davenport started up his machine "Prepare to be amazed!"

"Or gravely injured." Adam stretched out from behind to protect his siblings. He knew that I didn't need protection really, since I did electrocute him BY ACCIDENT!

A small ball of light appeared before disappearing into oblivion.

"Once again, big build up, teenie tiny payoff."

That's when Tasha came to the lab and said excitedly "Okay, the popcorn is popping and the movie is uploaded. Or downloaded. Oh whatever! The red thingy is blinking green. Just head upstairs it's movie time!"

Everyone headed upstairs instead of me, my super senses need to calm down before I could head up.

"Leo!" I heard Tasha shriek once I walked upstairs. I didn't know what happened at the moment but hey, at least it doesn't involve me. Walking towards Adam, I sat down on the ground next to Chase's legs. I wanted to sit on the couch but that would be awkward because the only available space is next to Chase. Ooh that rhymes.

Leo yelled at his mother and stomped away to the lab. Sorry about whatever happened Leo.

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

"Mr. Davenport?" Have you seen Mia, at all?" Leo asked Donald who just looked around the halls. Mr. Davenport looked at him confused and asked "Who's Mia?"

Leo answered slightly shocked "you know, Amelia Falcon."

Mr. Davenport's face sadden as he answered "Leo, she died 5 years ago saving Kylie remember, from 'that man'. That's the whole reason why you even have bionics."

Kylie skipped over to them and asked happily "hey, what's up?"

Leo just stared at Kylie shocked as tears threatened to spill his eyes.

His best friend is dead in this universe for risking her life to save another.

Leo stood there before clearing his throat and continued to talk to Mr. Davenport because even if she isn't here in this universe his best friend is alive in another universe where he belongs and he's ok with that.

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

Adam began crying at the end of the movie as I patted his back and he said "I was so attached to that dog."

"Ahhh! Leo shrieked breaking my stare away from the credits.

Mr. Davenport tried to comfort Leo from his fighting stance and said "Relax Leo, that's Gordon. My new head of Corpral Security."

Gordon laughed and got into the same fighting stance as Leo and greeted "Well hey there little buddy, nice to meet you."

After Gordon was out of sight Leo ran up to his mom and gave her a hug "I am so happy to see you guys!"

"Nice to see you in a better mood. Now put that energy into your chores." Tasha pointed over to the dishes. Leo looked...greatful? "Absolutely. I will never complain about my chores ever again. It's so good to be home."

"Good to be home, where did you go?" Bree asked him.

"A parallel universe! Mom was a tech Mogul, Chase was an annoying jock, Bree was a shallow mall rat and Adam was all introspective and philosophical."

"You don't have to make up words Leo. Just tell us what happened?"

"It was real. You gotta believe me!"

"You know what? I believe you Leo." Mr. Davenport said.

"So do I." I added standing up and walking over to them.

"You do?"

"Yeah. Anywhere where your mom is a tech Mogul is definitly an alternate universe."

Clearing my throat I said "well, I have to get going. Good night"

Once I was out the door Bree asked "hey Leo, how was Mia in the other world?"

Everyone looked over at him in curiosity as his face saddened. After a moment of silence he answered "Kylie was the living superhero and Mia...never got to live after her 11th birthday"

Everyone was saddened by this so they all stayed silent until Adam spoke up "well, at least we know that it never really happened and is all part of your tiny imagination."

Everyone agreed except one who was a bit uneased about it.