Twenty One

Twenty One.

"She did it because she loved you. Both you and your brother." He speaks suddenly, making my heart quicken.

It's been a few hours since the shower ordeal and I'm currently laying in his bed, crying my eyes out.

"You don't get it, do you?" I mumble pestulantly. He'll never understand how I'm feeling. My own mother sold me to this creep. Poor or not, that's not love. That's wrong on so many levels. And nothing he says can make this right.

Traitor, liar,  thief.

That's all that's been occupying my mind since I layed down. Rich is currently sitting in the recliner, watching me ball my eyes out like a kid without candy. I know because I can feel his daunting presence and soul clenching stare. He's probably heard my earlier rambling too.

"I know I'm awful but I have an acceptable reason, okay. I was drunk earlier...still kind of am, actually." He chuckles while I remain stoic. I hate him.

"That still doesn't give you a reason to violate me like you did!" I sit up quickly with fervent anger seething through me. Facing his unearthly silhouette with a death glare, I cross my arms. He can make excuses all day but I'll never forgive him for the multiple times he nearly raped me.

"I've been trying to wait til you were eighteen, like your mother and I agreed on. But I just-"

"Shutup! Stop talking about my mother like you knew her!"

Besides the fact that I'm fed up with his lies, I'm also dreading my seventeenth birthday, which is tomorrow.

Silence captures us both while I breathe heavily. I can see him getting up and walking toward me and somehow, even in the darkness, I can see the annoying smirk plastered on his face. But I'm not afraid. I'm livid.

"Livie, I did know her. I know more about her than you do." He speaks calmly while sitting arcoss from me on the full sized bed.

Just because they were in a relationship does not mean he knew her. He is just some pervert who split up my parents. 

"She wasn't the same after your brother drowned, I know that much too."

The night stand lamp now illuminates our side of the room, giving some light to me, and in a way, to this monstrosity of a situation as well.

"Just leave me alone." I pull my knees to my chest, trying to fight back tears. My throat tightens while my teary eyes burn. I don't want to hear this because old feelings and memories will resurface.

"No, you need to hear this. You have to understand that this isn't a coincidence. I need you to know that I wasn't just some random burglar in your house that night, okay?"

"Livie look at me." He grabs my hands in his before I can pull away. My head is still facing away from him while he tries to get me to look in his eyes. I'm not going to stare into the eyes of the devil.

Suddenly, my body is pinned down on the bed. Both of my arms are tightly held by his forceful hands. I'm scared but I hide my fear by chewing on my bottom lip. I know I can't fight, there's no use in trying to. So the only choice I have is to look at him. I feel cool air fan my face while his fingertips outline my skin, making me shiver.

"Look. At. Me." He asserts somberly.

With apprehension, my eyes shift to his.

"What...what are you trying to say?" I try to keep my trembling voice level but it falters. I'm on the verge of panicking. I'm afraid of the truth.