Fourteen.

Fourteen.

The unnerving sound of the door being kicked repeatedly forces my hands to move as quickly as my heart. I'm now rummaging through the closet filled with old clothing and a strong stench of moth balls.

Choosing to ignore the burning in my nose- the smell is the least of my worries-I continue throwing things behind me while I sift through the cluttered closet. Why does his grandma have so many useless things? A peacock looking hat, a small box with nothing but old Vogue magazines, a few dresses, and a- golf club? It's behind a curtain of clothes. My face lights up as soon as it's within my hand.

"Livie!" I hear Jake's horrified voice scream my name. With quick feet, I spin around only to be knocked down by a heavy force.

Lifting my head off the floor, I groan while the acrid taste of blood saturates my entire mouth.

"Livie," He grins sadistically, making my entire being freeze. I know that voice. That familiarly foul voice. The same voice that awakens my biggest fears and floods my mind with undeniable dread. "No, no, no, no." I whisper while staring at him with wide eyes.

His hair covers part of his eyes while beads of sweat race down his forehead and onto his black shirt. I notice the blood on his knuckles, forcing my eyes to shift behind him. Oh no. Jake lies motionless on the floor, a huge gash above his right eye.

"I'm going to have fun with you."

I'm suddenly lifted up by his strong hands and then pinned against the wall. My lungs tighten when he squeezes my neck too hard. My mouth opens, only to emit scattered gagging noises. He's using one hand to pin me against the wall while the other is pressed on the wall. His lips gently graze my earlobe for a second before he whispers,

"So much fun but first, I have to break you."

I inhale a shaky breath when he loosens his hold around my neck. It's tight enough to keep me in place but not tight enough to choke me. That is, until a sudden intense burning attacks my lungs, forcing me to gasp for air. My throat tightens again from the unbreakable force he's using to strangle me. I can't move my lips to scream, or even fight.

From the way he cuts off my circulation, I know he plans on coming close to killing me before having his "fun."

"What did I say after I caught you the first time?" He scowls while I blink rapidly. My head is starting to feel light, causing my limbs to become limp. If he doesn't let go soon, I'll pass out.

"I'll have you bowing down to me like the obedient pet I trained you to be." With his hand now gripping the back of my hair, I feel him lay his forehead on mine.

Closing my eyes, I shiver when I feel his surprisingly soft lips trail kisses on my neck.

"Every fiber of your being belongs to me now." He whispers before inhaling deeply. The creepy act and lustful words force my horror strickened whimpers to increase. My body shakes while he continues to inhale my scent.

I can't let him do this to me. I can't let him kill my spirit again. I won't. It takes all of my strength to lift my hands to his face. With my sharp fingernails ready to attack, I drag them down his face; mimicking the nails on a chalkboard act.

A small growl parts from his lips when I finally manage to make him bleed. He pushes me down instantly, sending my frightened body to the hard floor.  With my bloody palms on the ground, I try to lift myself up but fail when I'm abruptly kicked in my abdomen. I clutch my bruised stomach while wheezing painfully. The pain is unbearble now. I want to scream out but I refuse to give him satisfaction, plus the festering pain will worsen. He kicks again, sending a throbbing sensation across my inner organs. With closed eyes, I grit my teeth while feebly trying to crawl away.