Three.

Three.

The next morning I awoke with my mind still reeling from yesterday's chaotic events. I didn't get much sleep because I was disrupted by Jake's heavy snoring. He's out like a light while I'm wide awake with my mind still spinning.  

I was minutes from having my purity taken away and because of that "too close" encounter I don't want to be near Rich ever again. Before that I could at least be in the same room as him but now, not so much. He continued staring down at me even after I replied to his ridiculous demand that I control Jake. I only agreed because I wanted him off of me. In all honesty, I can't control him and from the looks of things, he doesn't want to be controlled anyway. I was never the leader type, out of my group of friends Nathan was the best at that.

The door slowly creaks open before bumping against the wall. The loud bang ceases Jake's snoring. He sits up; foul mouthed and grumpy.

The light from the ajar door now shines down on my average frame like a spotlight, leaving me no choice but to shield my eyes with my forearm. 

"Morning Livie." I hear his creepy voice whisper.

He's so close I can feel the warmth from his body. My eyes shut tightly when he rests his forehead on mine. His rough hands glide against my arms, making goosebumps appear.

"I said good morning." One hand goes from my arm to my hair. He yanks it back with such ferocity that I can't suppress the whimper that escapes.

"Morning." I whisper. The only part of my body I can move would be my lips, everything else is stiff from fear. 

"Someone needs a shower." He mumbles before pulling me up by my hair. 

A frightened shriek escapes my lips while my heart pulsates. I'm pressed against his chest, too afraid too move. 

"Hey, don't act like that." He massages my lips with his finger while I swallow the bile rising in my throat. 

"What are you doing?" I breathe out nervously. He's never grabbed me like this before and if I don't do something quick there is no telling what his next impulsive action will be.

 "Bringing you upstairs." Amusement laces his tone. It's as if he knows what he's doing; like he can sense my fear. The very fear he gets a rise out of.

#

Once I sit down I wait for Jakes' defiance; I wait for a repeat episode of Rich getting angry enough to throw my head into the table or my throat being cut but none of that comes. Instead he walks in limping with defeated shoulders and silent lips. 

"Good boy." Rich teases once Jake sits down. 

The boy sitting across from me is completely unrecognizable. His entire left side could be the American Flag. His green eyes are sullen with deep red and blue bruises underneath, while white blisters take up residence on his broken nose and cheek.

His eyes remain locked on the dirty checkered table while I continue dissecting him. With a heavy sigh, he begins drawing circles with his finger. I continue staring at him with bewildered eyes. This isn't the Jake I've been locked in the basement with; this is an entirely different boy. And I don't mean appearance wise. I'm talking about his conduct. The willful boy two days ago would have resisted but now he's...ceding. I guess it took him getting a broken nose to finally surrender. It didn't take me long; only a week. But yesterday I attempted to run; which means I didn't completely give up. Rich said he thought he knocked the fight out of me but yesterday proves what a liar he is. I still have it somewhere inside of me.