Chapter 15- Michael

Colleen thought I was crazy for going on a date with Neil but when I explained what we were going to do, she seemed to settle down; though she still didn't like what was happening. If I was being honest with myself, I didn't like the fact that his parents were Rogers and Barnes but I can't judge him off of his adoptive parents. How cruel would that be? You shouldn't judge someone on who their parents are; they didn't get to choose. I just hope that mom and dad won't be mad that I'm crushing hardcore on a Barnes.

"Hey, you okay?" Neil asked, reaching across the table to hold my hand on top during chemistry; we were currently doing a lab. I nodded, smiling at him. "Good. Because I would hate for you to cancel our date." I laughed softly. "I might just have to use my ninja skills on you." He flailed his arms around, pretending to be a ninja. I couldn't help but laugh, earning the teacher's attention. He marched over to our table and scowled at us. Honestly, he kinda reminded me of Snape from the Harry Potter movies; Colleen's always telling me to read the books but their so long.

"Mister Anthony, Mister Barnes, are you doing what you are supposed to be doing?" He asked. Neil glanced to me before pulling his hand away; our chemistry teacher was also extremely homophobic.

"Yes, sir." He answered. Our teacher glanced between us once more before spinning around and going back to his desk. Neil and I shared a look before quietly laughing again. "He's such a terrible teacher." I nodded in agreement. Neil glared at him from across the room. "Worst teacher ever." I shrugged.

"I've had worse." I admitted. Neil raised an eyebrow but I didn't feel like explaining so I just shook my head. He pouted slightly which was fucking adorable. "This date later." I started. He nodded as he got back to work. "Is it an actual date or is that just what we're calling it?" Neil paused his writing, not looking up at me. "Because if it's the later, I don't want us to call it that." The brunette finally looked up at me with a small, reassuring smile.

"Well, I was hoping that it would be an actual date." He admitted quietly. "Do you not want it to be one?" My eyes widened.

"Oh my god, do I want it to be one." I rushed out. He bit his lip to keep from smiling. "I just. . ." I sighed. "I didn't want to make a fool out of myself." Neil smirked faintly.

"Mister Stark, are you saying you are a fool?" He asked, pointing his eraser at me like it were a microphone. I smirked. "And what about your love life? Are you currently seeing anyone? I'm sure you have swarms of girls swooning after you." I chuckled.

"No, I am not saying I'm a fool. My love life is none of your business. I am actually going on a date after school today. And the swarms of girls are nothing compared to the beauty that is sitting in front of me." I answered. Neil's jaw dropped slightly before he closed it, blushed, looked away, and continued his work. Smirking, I went back to mine as well.

~~~

After the bell rang, I rushed over to Colleen's classroom and waited for her to walk out. Unfortunately for me, she had this class with Johnny. I don't think they've ever stopped holding hands since they got together. She finally came out of the classroom (surprisingly by herself) and raised an eyebrow at me. I motioned to my everything; she giggled.

"You look fine, Michael." She remarked as she ruffled my hair. Johnny stepped out and laughed at the two of us. "Not to brag or anything, but I think your outfit is perfect for this occasion." I rolled my eyes; Colleen had told me what to wear this morning. Sticking my tongue out at her, I smoothed out my hair. Colleen took in a deep breath before smiling at me and grabbing my arm reassuringly. "Go get 'em, tiger." I smiled, shaking my hands nervously before kissing her cheek. She waved goodbye before grabbing Johnny's hand and leaving to go find Jessie. I dashed over Neil's locker and leaned on the one next to it, my arms crossed as I tried to look cool.

"Are you ready for our date?" I asked him nonchalantly. He glanced to me as he was putting books into his locker and smirked.

"I don't know." He admitted. "Are you ready for your first real date?" My eyes widened slightly.

"What makes you think this is my first date?" I asked, playing it off. Neil smiled and laughed, closing his locker and grabbing his backpack off the floor. "I've been on plenty of dates before."

"That's funny." He commented. "Your sister said otherwise." I raised an eyebrow, trying to figure out when he would've seen my sister when I remembered they had history together. Glaring at the floor, sighed. "She said you've been looking forward to today for a while." I reluctantly nodded. He smiled softly. "I think that's cute." He admitted. I bit my lip.

"Yeah, well, I just haven't met the right person yet." Neil rolled his eyes at my attempt to play it cool. I offered him my arm which he gladly accepted before we were walking out of school and to my car. Opening the door for him, he slid into the passengers seat before I got into the drivers seat and pulled out of the parking lot. I pulled into the small coffee shop not too far from school before we both headed inside.

"Let's order first before we find a seat." Neil stated. "If we do it in reverse then we're practically begging for someone to steal our seats." I laughed, getting in line with Neil. He ordered some fancy coffee with caramel sauce or something on top of it; I don't know, it was weird. I just got a simple black coffee. We waited for our drinks before sitting down away from the door. We sat in silence for a moment, neither one of us knowing what to say, before Neil finally spoke up. "So, um, how's it like being Tony Stark's oldest child?" He asked, carefully taking a sip of his coffee. I shrugged.

"It's okay, I guess." I admitted. He raised an eyebrow. "It's really nothing special." I took a sip of my coffee. "But I'm not the only one with famous parents." Neil's eyes widened and filled with panic. "Captain America, huh?" He looked into his coffee cup. "What's that like?"

"How'd you know?" He breathed out. I shrugged.

"Colleen figured it out." He looked around the coffee shop, searching for something. I reached across the table and touched his hand. Startled, he looked back to me. "I'm not turning you in." I promised. "How about you answer my question and then we leave parents off the table?" He nodded before taking in a deep breath.

"Being the adoptive son of Captain America is terrible." He rushed out. I chuckled once I made out what he said. "We're constantly on the run and I've changed schools more times than I can count." I frowned. "I'm mean, I love my parents don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wish I was adopted by a normal couple." I smiled reassuringly at him, brushing my thumb over his hand. "Having ex-Avengers as parents is difficult and tiring." I nodded in agreement.

"Tell me about it."