Chapter 10- Colleen

When we got home, I walked upstairs into my room and curled up on my bed, my blankets wrapped around me protectively. My brain pounded against my skull and I felt really dizzy and sick. I just wanted to fall asleep and be left alone. 

"Colleen?" Michael announced from the doorway. I hummed in acknowledgement, not trusting myself to not throw up if I opened my mouth. "There's something I need to show you." I groaned as he walked over and sat down beside me on the bed. I looked up slightly to see him. He pulled something out of his pocket and placed it down in front of me. I glared at him before looking back down at the object. He waited for me to register what it was. Sighing, I laid back so I could see him better.

"Mikey, I feel like crap right now. This just looks like a red plastic circle." I remarked, gesturing to whatever it was that was so important for me to see. Michael sighed and put the thing back in his pocket. "If it's so important, why don't you tell me what it is and then get out of my room." I ordered as I pulled the blankets over my head.

"A HYDRA logo." He answered just as the ringing in my ears came back. I sat up slightly.

"What was that?" I asked. "'Cause it sounded like you said a-"

"HYDRA logo, that's exactly what I said." He repeated. I stared at him before falling back onto my pillow. "Jessie found it in, I'm assuming, the backseat." He added. "Whatever crashed in through the window must've left this." I raised an eyebrow. "Think. Who else would want to kill us?" I leaned up on my elbow, my headache seeming to have gone away.

"I can name four people right now." I told him. "Er, no. I can name four that I want to hurt, maybe not kill." I corrected. Michael laughed. "But HYDRA would definitely want us dead, especially mom. It would kill dad mentally and emotionally." I agreed. "Dad's enemies from when he was Iron Man." I continued. "Business people. Anyone that doesn't particularly like dad. Anyone that doesn't particularly like mom." Michael scrunched his nose.

"Okay, I get it! Just shut up and agree with me." He snapped. I laughed softly and nodded. "But, not only is it a HYDRA logo-" Michael pulled it back out of his pocket and flipped it over. I took it from him to see what he was talking about. My thumb brushed against the name tag but I didn't read it. "It belongs to a W. Maximoff." The plastic logo slipped through my fingers as Michael said the last name. I looked to him, my eyebrow raised. "And do you remember that name?" I nodded slightly. 

"We should've known with the red." I remarked. Michael nodded. "What the hell does she want?" I asked, grabbing the logo again and chucking it across the room. It hit the wall and slid into the trashcan. "She should stay lost." Michael nodded again. I pulled my blanket around my shoulders and leaned on Michael's knees. He smiled softly and ran his fingers through my hair. "Can you put music on for me?" I asked. Michael nodded and reached for my phone that was on my nightstand. "It doesn't matter what song. Just play it quietly." I added. He nodded, connecting the phone to the speakers dad set up in the corners of my room. As Michael pressed play, I heard the song he picked out ring out throughout the room. I groaned and closed my eyes. "Turn it down." He laughed softly and turned the volume down. "Thank you." I hit his cheek softly. "Such a great brother." He scoffed. 

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at him. We slipped into a comfortable silence as we listened to the song. 

"I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals"
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, I should've known. Michael loves the song. But he must've picked a song from the playlist that reminds me of the remainder of the Avengers. I couldn't help but smile as I pulled the blanket closer. "I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse

Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive"

"I raise my flags, don my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We'll paint it red to fit right in
Whoa" We heard someone else join in. I looked to Michael but he was just as confused. Sitting up, I glanced at my door to find Uncle Bruce standing there. Michael and I gasped. 

"Uncle Bruce! What are you doing here?" We asked. He smiled and laughed. 

"Your father told us about the accident and the concussion." He admitted. "Your Aunt Natasha and I are going to be staying here for a little bit to make sure your concussion doesn't get any worse." I smiled softly. He looked us over. "You two look like shit." My smile dropped.

"Thanks Uncle B, that's something every sixteen year old girl needs to hear after they get home from being not only in a car crash but in the hospital because she got a concussion from said car crash." I remarked. He smiled apologetically. "Why'd you come up here anyway?" I asked. He walked closer to the two of us before sitting down on my other side. 

"I wanted to make sure you were okay right now." I nodded. 

"Well, my head throbbed when we got home and I felt like I was gonna puke so. . ." I drifted off. He frowned, rubbing my leg. "It's seemed to have gone away now. Only I feel very tired." He nodded. "So you can define your okay."

"I consider that okay." He remarked. "How are you feeling?" I raised an eyebrow, looking to Michael.

"Didn't I just say that?" He nodded. "I just said that." Uncle Bruce nodded. "So why'd ya ask?" He laughed softly.

"That's not what I meant." He remarked. He looked to Michael before looking back to me. "You two just go into a car crash. How are you feeling?" I looked to Michael who just shrugged. Uncle Bruce looked between the two of us. "You two don't have anything you want to get off your chest?" I glanced to the trash can across the room before shaking my head, Michael doing the same. Uncle Bruce patted my thigh before standing and leaving the room. "Just know I'm here for you two." I smiled. We made sure he was completely out of the room and downstairs before we turned to each other.

"We can't tell anyone about this."