14

"You are correct Ms. Jackson." Mr. Thompson said to me as I answer another question he ask to the class. 

"Damn, are you going to give anyone a chance to answer before you do?" Jessica ask smiling. Samantha giggles shaking her head. I shrug my shoulders.

"My bad, once he ask I just answer." I told them smiling a little. We all turn our heads to the door hearing it open making a slight sound from being rusty.

"Ahh, Mr. Hawks." Mr. Thompson announce as Samantha, Jessica and I eyes zero in on his attire. His little Afro that he once had is now freshly cut making him look more older. 

"Y'all see what I see." Jessica is the first to point it out. We both nod our head.

"That boy must of got in a serious accident." Samantha says. It's true Nathan really looks like he got in a huge accident the way he's limping. He had cuts and bruises that still hasn't heal. When he starts walking adding the limp to the walk you can tell he's still in pain.

"Why did he even come, if he still in pain?" Jessica mutters.

"Maybe he needs the money." Samantha said.

"True." I agree with her.

"It's okay Nathan. You can grade the papers for me there's a ton I haven't even caught up yet." 

You can tell Mr. Thompson is feeling very bad for Nathan. Nathan doesn't say anything but nod his head as he head over to the table sitting down. Once he sits down and looks up to the class he waves his hand in the air to greet them. There's a chorus of hi's and feel better that I'm sure he doesn't want to hear. 

His eyes soon lands on me, and since I was already staring at him he catches me watching him. He usually smiles at me whenever we both catch our eyes, but this time he just stare like he's trying to talk to me without moving his lips.

"Damn, why that niggah staring at you like that Amerie?" Samantha notices it too as Jessica looks up from her book.

"He probably wants her to take care of him and shit." Jessica add in. I shake my head moving my eyes away from him and into my book. I glance up from the corner of my eyes to see if he's still staring at me. Mr. Thompson talking to him has me letting out the breathe I'm holding. 

"Alright class, finish reading the chapter and answer the chapter review question at the end of the chapter. Other then that I'll see you next class." As soon as he finish everyone begins to pack up their things. They move to Nathan telling him to get better and if he needs any help to call them.

"Guys, we should check out this party tonight." Samantha announce as we're packing up.

I quickly shake my head.

"Nah, I'm good. I rather study." I told her as I finish packing my things.

Samantha smacks her lips.

"You're  one of the highest grade in all classes and you telling me you still want to study while we can at least take one break?" Samantha comments with an attitude. I look at her as if she lost her mind.

"I'm not going to lie I'm with Amerie on this one girl." Jessica comments as we being to walk to our next class together.

"Come on I feel like we haven't relax since the program started."

"You right we haven't, but once we get to relax you know damn well we going to end up failing." I comment. Jessica agrees with me and Samantha once again smack her lips.

"Who throwing a party anyway?" Jessica ask.

"The get money crew." 

"I'm not going to lie they be throwing some good party's though." Jessica began's rethinking her decision.