8

"See I knew his ass was going to give us a damn pop quiz." Jessica says as we came out the class room with our first quiz. I pass with a high B while Jessica pass with a C. 

"I told your ass to read the first chapter, and take notes." I told her.

"I didn't think he was going..."

"But yet he gave us a pop quiz right? I told you to read on the first day! and today is Thursday, You better start reading or else your ass going to be right in the salon for the next two years." I said laughing.

"Shut up!" She laughs with me.

"So where that boy, the one you be hugging up with?" I ask her. She rolls her eyes shaking her head.

"I'm done with him."

"Can I ask why?" My eye brows scrunch up.

"He's really disrespectful, wanted me to do a damn three some while we're together."

"Well damn, I didn't know you were about that."

"I'm actually not, but the thing is we've been messing with each other for over a year now just casual. I trust him you know, and the fact that he comes to my face and said what he said that means..."

"He was never serious with you?"

"Exactly!"

"Well, were you serious about him?"

"I mean..."

"You never thought the vibe you gave out to him wasn't the vibe you may be thinking you gave out?" I question her as I watch her think. After another minute I ask her another question.

"Have you ever express your feelings to him, or y'all just go straight to tearing apart y'all clothes and call it a day."

"Damn, I hate you Amerie."

"I'm here to vent and talk." I told her smiling as I shrug my shoulder.

"What about you?" She questions me.

"What do you mean?"

"Hello ladies, how did you guys do on the test?" Jessica and I glance behind us to see it's the assistant.

"Hey Nathan, I did okay for my first pop quiz I got a C." Jessica told him while she texts on her phone. He never looks to her as she told him. He's eyes just holds mine as he waits for my response.

"I got a B." I told him short and simple. I look away trying to find something else to stare at as he stands there.

"I'm glad you guys pass. I'll give you guys a hint about Mr. Thompson, he likes to give pop quizzes randomly and you'll always get a pop quiz with each chapter so you have to be reading."

"I told you Jessica you have to start reading." I glare at her. She roll her eyes and smack her lips.

"Whatever."

"I see someone is on point already." Nathan spoke out to me. I turn to Jessica to see she answer a call and distance herself.

"Umm, yeah you can say that."

"There's no need to be shy ma. I ain't going to hurt you."

"I know it's just you kind of giving me some type of vibe."

"I'm not going to front you're very beautiful."

"I don't think..."

"Let me take you out." He quickly says to me. 

"I'm sorry, you're..."

"I just need one date and then you can tell me what you think." He takes a step closer to me.