oc's dumb ass names

*salt warning !! if you're at high risk of heart disease, don't read*

oKAY. i'm more upset by this than i should be.

newsies takes place in 1899 and the names that characters have should reflect that.

no one was going around with a name like jasmine or kai. don't get me wrong, I love those names and they're v pretty but they aren't realistic for the time period the story is supposed to be set in. I understand wanting your oc to have a unique and cool sounding name, but it needs to be consistent.

I've also seen the name brooklynn be used in as a name for an oc. again, a pretty name, but the entire plot of newises basically takes place in the new york boroughs. that's like living in washington and naming your kid seattle...

also, unisex names were not as popular in the late 1800s as they are now, so names like adrian, logan, or cameron were not common girl names.

oh oh oH and ALSO making up names is stupid and makes the fancfiction sound like the your story is taking place at hogwarts. names like nyssa and alisamber (actual names I've seen in newsies fanfic !!) sound v out of place next old-timey names like katherine and davey.

ex:

-shuri and katniss walked into the market to meet their 19th century friends, margot and sarah.

notice how the names sound off when placed together??

:o

well, now you know so stop using vague ass made up names for your oc !!