*5* midnight terror

Mary Ann.

Going home in Jenna's car, I never felt more relieved and satisfied with my life.

I could still hear it, the numerous gasps and the watchful stares. The hateful glares Amanda's followers gave me, and also the sympathetic looks people gave me.

I didn't care, I had let everything roll in front of me, like a movie.

What I knew I could never forget, was the look of betrayal on Jenna's face.
Her bestfriend drugged her boyfriend, so she could have her way with him.

I kept hearing it, the resounding echo of the slap Jenna gave Amanda, and the animalistic growl she gave when she lunched at her and started screaming.

"You whore!, you were trying to take advantage of my mate, I would never forgive you, I hope you rot in hell", she kept screaming over and over again, as she turned Amanda into a punching bag. Nobody could pull her off.

That word, mate, I've heard it more than ones, what could it mean?

It was when Tyler went close to her and with just a single touch she stopped struggling. Though I was puzzled at how Tyler affected her, I didn't question it but it was still on my mind.

Looking at Jenna, you could tell that she had something troubling her, then I suddenly felt bad for making her feel this way.

"Jenna!", I muttered slowly looking at her.

"How dare she!", she suddenly screamed, "and to think I trusted her, only for her to abuse that trust and stab me right in the back. She made me do things to you", she said her voice lowering as the fight left her.

A comfortable silence filled the car, and I gave her space, knowing she didn't want to talk about it at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in my room, feeling sad, as I remembered how I used to celebrate my birthday, happily with my parents.

Isabelle, who apparently was a doctor came home early and told both me and Amanda to go into our rooms and rest , saying she was going to give us a surprise us with the type of food she would cook. That was around five in the evening and now, it was already eight o'clock.

I stood up, tired of staying in the room, and immediately, a wave of dizziness hit me, I closed my eyes and sat back down. The last thing I needed was falling as a result of my dizziness.                                  

the door opened and Jenna came in smiling at me, she told me to come down for dinner and I followed behind her as we desended the stairs.

What I definitely didn't expect was the living room decorated in different coloured strings and a birthday cake placed on the dinning table, my name written beautifully on it.

Words couldn't explain how I felt at that moment.

"surprise!, happy birthday Mary", both Jenna and Isabelle said at the same time.