Chapter Fifty-Two

Ivy's POV

I stretched in the morning and rolled over in bed when I felt the warmth of the sun hitting my face. I sat up slowly and looked at the time. It was already after 9. It was different to wake up on my own without hearing Jase cry or having an alarm set. I got out of bed and slid on my slippers. I went downstairs and smiled a little at Henry and Ellie who were setting the table for breakfast.

"Good morning," I tell them both softly, kissing Jase's cheek. He squeals and mashes the banana that was on his tray with his little fists.

"Good morning Ives," Ellie responds to me with a smile as she pours herself a cup of coffee. "So, I have our laptops set up in the living room to shop after breakfast." She tells me as she sits down. It was a tradition for Ellie and I to go Black Friday shopping together but since I was pregnant this year, we decided to stay in and just online shop.

"Sounds perfect Ells." I sigh softly and pour myself some juice. I wouldn't be able to pick up JJ from the gym until later this afternoon. At least the holiday was over.

"That baby store that you like at the mall is having a huge sale today. The one that sells the character diapers and organic body washes and shampoos." She smiles a little at me and we all serve ourselves some waffles and fruit.

"Now that sounds really perfect." I couldn't help but smile. Ellie always knew what I was looking for in the right moment. I poured some syrup on my waffles and some whipped cream and sip my juice. "Thanks for letting me stay here last night guys. I know that I'm not completely alone since I have Jase, but the house is just really creepy and seems bigger than it is at night whenever JJ isn't home." I wipe some of the banana off of Jase's face with a napkin.

"It's no problem at all Ivy. We're glad to have you here." Henry smiles at me and I smile back. Ellie looks at Jase and Jase tosses his bottle of juice on the floor and squeals when Aphrodite starts licking it up. Ellie and Henry jump up at the same time to grab a towel to clean it up.

"Guys I'm sorry. He doesn't normally do stuff like that." I picked up the bottle from the floor and took it over to the sink to clean it up.

"It's fine Ives. He's a baby. Babies make messes." Ellie smiles at me and Jase throws a mushy piece of banana on the floor. Ellie looks up at him and then cleans it up and takes him out of the high chair. "I'm going to go give him a bath. We shouldn't be too long." Ellie disappears up the stairs and I put the bottle on the dish rack to dry.

"Ellie really enjoys having a baby here." Henry smiles a little as he puts the towel in the hamper. "That's the one thing I can't give to her just yet." He sighs softly.

"I know you want to give Ellie everything in the world Henry but by respecting her, you are giving her so much. She doesn't date very often but there have been boys in her life that have tried to take advantage of her. You've never done that and trust me, I have a lot of respect for you too." I smile a little at him and help him start cleaning up from breakfast.

"Thank you, Ivy. I would give her the whole world if I could. She's my queen." Henry puts some dishes on the dish rack to dry and Ellie comes downstairs with Jase just in a diaper.

"Ives, I think Jase has a bad diaper rash." She brings him over to me and I look over it. Jase whines a little and I take a deep breath.

"It's not diaper rash. He gets like this whenever he's away from JJ too long. It's like a nervous separation rash or something." I take him and kiss his cheek. He whines and rests his head against my neck. I rub his back softly and he sucks his thumb.

"Is there anything I can do to help with it?" I could tell that Ellie was just extremely concerned about her godson. I smile a little at her.

"A mixture of baby oil, lotion, and peppermint essential oil goes a long way. It doesn't really make the rash go away completely but it shrinks it and JJ will be home this afternoon and it'll be gone by tomorrow morning." I tell her, handing Jase back to her. Jase whines and reaches for Henry. Henry smiles a little and takes him.

"I'll make him his oil mixture and bring it up in a little bit

"I'll make him his oil mixture and bring it up in a little bit. Take him upstairs and watch cartoons with him please." Ellie smiles at him and he smiles back, kissing her forehead. He was so sweet with her. And I knew that he loved Jase too. Henry disappeared with Jase up the stairs and Ellie started grabbing the stuff she needed.

"Thank you for taking care of Jase. It's nice to have the help while JJ is away. And I like spending time with my best friend." I smile and Ellie glances at me with a smile.

"I like hanging out with you too Ives. We should plan to hang out at least once a month. If it's more than that, great if not then at least we'll have that one day a month." She tells me as she starts heading towards the stairs.

"I like that idea Ells. I'm gonna start turning on our computers." I head into the living room and Aphrodite trots behind me." She lays on the rug and starts chewing on her plastic bone. Ellie comes back downstairs and washes her hands in the kitchen sink. "Did it help at all?" I ask her when she sits next to me on the couch.

"Yeah, it helped him to stop whining." She smiles a little as she puts her laptop in her lap. "By the way, we also got a bunch of snacks for today since we couldn't actually go shopping. We normally go to the food court and stuff our faces there, so we have our own food court here kind of." She grins at me and I grin back at her. That was music to my pregnancy cravings ears.