Chapter Forty-Six

Ivy's POV

We were stuck in the airport for several hours before Ellie finally convinced me that we should rent a car and just drive home. We were going to end up being home after we were originally supposed to get home before we started to leave early but Ellie was so happy and calm. She actually drove the whole way. We stopped at Starbucks several times on the trip and I talked to JJ on the phone several times as well. He was hiding something from me. I could already tell. I had no idea what it was, but I was trying not to let it bother me. I was extremely stressed when I was pregnant with Jase and I think it definitely contributed to the issues I had when I was in the later months of my pregnancy and when I was in labor. We almost lost both me and Jase.

"I know we're really close to home, but can we stop and get something to eat? I'm starving." I tell Ellie softly. We were still about 45 minutes away from home and I wasn't sure if I could handle my hunger much longer.

"Yeah of course Ives." She smiles at me and takes the exit. She pulls into a Chick-Fil-A parking lot and finds an empty spot. It was between lunch and dinner time, so they weren't super busy right now. We went inside, and I got a nugget meal with a sweet tea and Ellie got a sandwich meal with a lemonade.

"What's the first thing you're going to do once you get home?" I ask her curiously once we were seated and situated.

"Tackle Henry and cover him with kisses and affection." She tells me, and I giggle a little. The two of us started eating quietly and I just thought of my boys. We were going to be home soon, and I wanted to cover Jase with kisses and affection too.

"I'm glad that Henry was hanging out with JJ this weekend. I hated the thought of him being alone with Jase. I know he's a good dad and they needed boy time, but I know that JJ needs man time too." I sip my tea and Ellie smiles a little at me.

"Yeah, I'm glad that the two of them have become so close. It's hard to believe that it's thanks to JJ's coach that the two of us are together." She tells me, and I nod my head in agreement. She was right. If JJ's coach had never invited Henry to that practice, then Ellie would have never met him. "It's also thanks to you too. If you hadn't had me there to watch Jase, I would have missed out on missing him." Ellie tells me, and I smile a little.

"I'm happy that I did invite you. You're so happy now and I love that Henry does that for you." I tell her, and we eat in comfortable silence for the rest of the time. We got refills on our drinks and then headed back to the car. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive Ells?" I ask her, and she instantly shakes her head.

"I'm fine Ives. Thanks for asking though." She tells me, and we get into the car. I sigh softly and rub my flat tummy. I rested my head on the back of my seat and started daydreaming of what the new baby in our lives would be like.

Ellie's POV

Ivy and I were quiet for the rest of the ride home. It took about an hour instead of 45 minutes since there was a huge traffic jam, but we still made it home safely. As soon as I pulled up to the house, JJ came running out to greet Ivy. Henry must have been inside with Jase.

"Please don't be mad at me," JJ tells Ivy when she gets out of the car. She instantly furrows her eyebrows together as she looks at him. "Jase got bronchitis while you were gone. He's better now but I didn't want to stress you out." He said it quickly to get it over with and it looked like Ivy wanted to scream but she ran into the house instead. JJ let out a breath of defeat and I followed him into the house.

"Just go Ells. I can't believe you didn't tell me either." She tells me as she takes Jase from Henry. I wanted to try and defend myself, but Henry grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it and I decided to just go home and spend time with him. We got Aphrodite from the backyard and got into Henry's car. She instantly settled into the back seat but I was having a hard time sitting still because I hated it when Ivy was mad at me.

"It's going to be okay Elizabeth. She just needs some time to see that Jase is okay and she'll call you later." He tells me, and I smile shyly at him. I was looking forward to just getting home and snuggling up on the couch with him.

"I love you," I whisper to him and he pulls up to the apartment complex. He smiles and leans over the seat to kiss me sweetly.

"I love you too." He hooks on Aphrodite's leash and grabs my luggage and we head inside. I try and take the leash to help him, but he just shakes his head with a slight smile. We go into the apartment and Aphrodite trots over to her bed and lays down. I put my jacket down on the hook by the door and take Henry's hand and lead him over to the couch.

"Let's fill our body with junk food and watch movies on the couch for hours," I tell him, and he smiles, nodding his head. I was so in love with him and I was so happy to be home at last.

I guess after driving for two days, I was exhausted. I fell asleep on top of Henry and when I woke up, the sun was already coming up. I had slept all afternoon and all night. I rubbed my face a little and looked at Henry's peaceful face. I wonder how long it took him to fall asleep after I did. I guess he must have moved because there was a blanket from the hall closet covering us. I got up slowly and carefully and went into the kitchen to turn on the coffee maker. Aphrodite followed me into the kitchen and sat next to my legs. I give her a treat and quietly make myself a bowl of oatmeal and I heard Henry stir.

"Morning beautiful." He tells me in a husky voice as he gets up from the couch. "I'm going to go take a shower and I'll be down soon." He tells me before walking up the stairs slowly and tiredly. I smiled a little and continued to make the two of us waffles and eggs for breakfast. I was so in love with him and I couldn't wait for the day we decided to spend the rest of our lives together.

**** I sure do hope you guys are enjoying this story! I love inline comments as well. Don't be afraid to ask me about anything!