Chapter 14

Shaking his head in irony, Lord Owen turn back to Leon as Noel bend down to help the thief up, laughing to Leon's annoyed face. Then Leon is laughing to her when he drops a cube of ice inside her dress. Noel yelp and try to get it out and then brought Leon down too when she slip on the ice, landing on her bottom.

"I hate you." Noel said with a groan and rubbing her back while Leon roll his eyes for the second time.

"For your information, I hate you too, for making me slip again." They huff and look away for if they look at each other pain-fill-expression, they will laugh, or add on the pain. Lord Owen shook his head and helps his daughter up while Leon lingers on the floor to look at the surrounding for the first time. "How are we going to clean all this?" Leon wonders out loud.

"Well I think we should get the ice off the floor and beds first. I'm not going to sleep here freezing my bottom. And I really need to lie down before I fainted."

Leon snorted and raises his brow in mocking manner, which rise Noel ire even without him saying, "You mean swoon?" Her eyes narrow and she would have cast another spell on him if she has more energy and throw caution to the wind risking the whole inn break apart.

"Faint, Leon, not swoon, I never swoon." Even as she says this, she wouldn't admit she is feeling lightheaded. Leon rolls his eyes, appeasing her conviction by staying silent.

"Let my men do the cleaning. You will rest in my house today." Lord Owen said.

"Will Leon have his own room?"

"No, he may sleep in the garden for all I care." Noel frown and shook her head, tired of thinking of an argument.

"I'll go if Leon stays with me. I can't sleep without him near."

"That is really charming my dear, but I think your dear father here is not happy to hear that from you. I wouldn't if I have a daughter or two. Hell, one daughter is already a real headache." Lord Owen nod gravely on Leon comment while Noel seethes over the two men. She cross her arms and stare down Leon successfully as the young thief step back from her, and just give an annoyed-daughter look at Lord Owen. Throwing his hands up in surrender and exasperation, Lord Owen looks away guiltily.

"Fine, he'll have a room, next to you if you like, but," Lord Owen glares at Leon who rise his brow in challenge, "if I know he so much as rise a finger to your door, I'll cut him to pieces."

"As if I would allow that while I'm still alive." Noel sigh in exhaustion as the two men glare at each other balefully and then she slump on the frozen chair, mindless of the coldness of the hard surface as her last energy drain out slowly.

"Oh how careless of me. Come daughter, you need your rest." She nod but she didn't move, too tired to open her eyes, and Leon came over to lift her up.

"Can you use a simpler magic next time?" Leon softly reprimand her and she just smile, lulling to sleep. Lord Owen lead the way to his house, a mile from the inn and when he shows Noel room, Leon walk in carrying Noel and put her down on the bed, pulling the blanket up to her neck knowing that she was freezing.

"Don't leave me alone." Noel grip on his sleeve is tight and surely he will rip his new shirt if he struggle in a futile fight. Taking her hand off his sleeve forcefully, he tucks it inside the blanket and pats her cold cheek gently.

"I wouldn't, have I ever?" Noel smile again and then fall asleep.

"You will leave to your room." Leon looks at Lord Owen defiantly.

"No, I wouldn't break my promise to her just to placate your order. I know you've the right as her father but I wouldn't move an inch."

"Why?"