Chapter 12

Taking shape of long spear, the silver glint somberly and Leon pointed it towards the man. With each passing moments, the thorny vine that held Noel continue to grows and sinking its sharp thorn to her skin.

"Leon will come." Her conviction echoed with trust and hope. It spurs Leon decision and he threw the spear as hard as he can. The spear struck through the man's left shoulder and Leon cursed himself for being inaccurate. The man turns to Leon, gripping the spear in anger for being disturbed and disbelief that he is being disturbed by mere mortal. "Leon." Noel weak whisper break the intense glare the two men threw at each other and Leon risk being attack to glance at her.

"Stay there Noel, I'm coming." When Leon started to advanced forward to her, the man step in his path.

"She is mine." Leon snorted and leap past the man easily since the spear still obstruct the man's movement.

"You're late by mere days. She is mine the moment she took my soul and she wouldn't go to you even if the world comes to an end." Leon turn his back to him, ignoring any kind of danger he might cause, pull out his blade and cut the thorny vines, catching Noel in his arms when she fell down like a fallen flower. She buries her face to his belly, sobbing and murmuring his name.

Leon is not sure if she realizes that he is not an illusion or that she is tickling him with her nose. Running his finger through her hair gently, he tug a loose strand behind her ear and bend down, murmuring her name just like she had done. He heard the man approach them with the spear rise high above his head and Leon quickly will the silver to melt. Annoyed that Leon thwarted his plan, he kick Leon at the back repeatedly as he knew that Leon couldn't and wouldn't move if he wanted to keep Noel out of his reach.

The castle started to shake and he saw the dragon attacking the house. Taking the chance to escape, Leon gathered Noel in his arms and run out as the dragon started to breathe fire on the house. The man roar in anger and under Leon feat, the ground shook and crumbles. Clutching Noel tight against him, Leon hopes that this nightmare end before they hit the ground, because it will pains him. Noel stir awake and reach out her hand.

"Levitate!" A mere inches to the hard ground; they hover and float down gently. Shaking his head to stop feeling dizzy and breathe in when the bile rose to his throat, Leon look away to hide his surely-green-face from Noel. Before he could get a word out to her, the white light fall over like heavy curtain, blinding him. When he open his eyes, he is staring into Noel's blue eyes, hers fill with dread and concern, "Are you alright Leon?" He laughs and hugs her tighter to him, burying his nose to her hair gratefully.

"Oh darling, you should have worried about yourself. You look worse than a street beggar!" She ignores him as she ran her hand on his head, face and belly. "What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for wounds." He smile and tilt her face up.

"Can't help touching me?" Noel's eyes narrowed and she smack his belly with her knuckles. He groans in pain and had to admit that she does have a little fighter spirit in her, though she is so small to face against him.

"You are impossible! I hate you!" She started to push away but he just laughs in her face and press her cheek against his.

"No you love me. Come, give me a kiss." Noel push his head away from her by his forehead, pulling a disgusted face. Lord Owen approaches them and Leon grin vanish. He got up and kisses Noel on her cheek, causing her to blush. "I'm so glad that you're safe."

"Step away from her!" Leon glared at Lord Owen when he voice out his order.

"Why do you send her in here? And you break her wand! How she is to defend herself?"