Chapter 10

With her back patched with acres of bandages and her neck winded with the white-smelly-yard, Noel mood isn't improve even though she is watching a merry play of the fairy children, from the Healer hut. Leon is out to discuss diplomacy with the fairy-leader to stop the bandits renegades, while Lilith left to take care of a sick kid, and Noel is left with no company except for a little pup that busy himself attacking an old slipper.

Sighing, she carefully lean back to study the sky, hoping that her favorite pastime would lighten her mood. She hated Leon for making her neared a Healer but she couldn't resist complying his wish to see her well, as if he had hypnosis her to do as he said –maybe it is the effect of his eyes. The sky is clear of cloud and she don't know what else to do expect for taking a nap Leon had suggested, and she hate not able to do anything. The puppy yap attracts her attention and she pick up the pup to her lap, scratching behind its ear.

Truth to tell, she didn't dare sleeping, not wanting the dream to visit her again but then she isn't sure it is a dream at all. Everything felt so real that time and she had wounds as evidence, but for the life of her, she couldn't explain how it could be happening. She has read so many books and to her knowledge, nothing could have caused it. 'Leon might be right, maybe some animal scratch my back just for fun.' Sighing again, she picks the pup along with her as she wander around the hut. 'If Leon knew I get up from the bed, he'll have my hide.' Shrugging off one shoulder in careless manner, she peered at Lilith’s herbs collection; nostalgia of making potion herself hit her like tide. If anything she accomplish at the Dalcairn Guild is that she is a master at plant study and making potion, even Lady Brown acknowledge her skill.

Noel room alone is full with plant and pots, jars and a big caldron to mix the herbs. Sometimes her rooms smell so foul when she mix wrong or stale ingredient, she will have to sleep at the Wizard Hallway, an abandon hallway left for century ago. Since she is put away from the others, she enjoys the big hallway all to herself, running around or blasting the roof off just to see the sky. Putting the squirming pup down, she finally decided to take a nap as the sleep-inducing-herbs stimulated.

As she laid her head at the pile of pillows, the pup leap on top of her blanketed legs, circle around and then settle down with its little head facing Noel. She fall asleep and again she dream. Pinching her to wake up, all she felt were pain. This time the surrounding in the dream is bleak, the ground is charred and dead trees protruding the dry ground. On top of a hill where she stood looking at the vast scene, a very sad looking castle stood gloomily overlooking a violent sea.

The wind start to picking up, giving way to heavy storm and she quickly make way to the only haven, in the harsh weather, the castle, though it give her creep. Pushing her weight against the door, she stumble onward when it open with loud grating creek. With one swept of a wary glance, she took note of heavy cobweb on the ceiling, moss covering half of the wall and a high steep stair. On top of the stair, he stood watching her with twisted amusement. Annoyed that he thought that she is an amusement- Noel is sure not like being anyone's private amusement- she brought herself to her full height and arms akimbo, she give him her fullest glare she had ever bestow on anyone.

"You sir, have bad manner."

"You, little witch, are foolish if you thought you can fight me." He descends the stair like a panther prying its prey. "How is your wound?" Her hand flew to her neck and she glower more while he smirk.

"It'll heal. Stop there." Her wand ready, it glows with white blaze while he stare the wand with twisted sneer.

"Do you truly believe you can hurt me with that pesky thing?" He step closer, his smirk didn't wane even for a second. "It will have to take more than this to hurt me." She shivers as his chilled hand covered hers, pluck the wand off her grasp and stare down at her glaring eyes.