Chapter 12

I literally hate this chapter. Ami-breastmilk. Don't get confused.

**

"Mama ami" Lauren begs as she sobs into her mothers neck, her hands tightly fisting the material of her shirt so tightly her little fingers were beginning to turn a noticeable shade of white.

This had been going on for an hour now. The crying. The pleading. Camila had nursed her this morning for a good hour after they had both woken, and whilst she thought that was a reasonable amount of time, it apparently wasn't to the unconsolable toddler in her arms who had teared up the moment the word 'no' had escaped her lips.

Camila sighs as she places the abandoned bowl of cereal onto the counter, "no baby, not till nap time" she murmurs regretfully, well aware that if she was to give into the girls every plead to nurse, it would be happening umpteenth times a day no matter where they were.

Nursing her whenever or wherever may initially seem like a good idea, but when you have a three year old shoving her down down your shirt at any given opportunity, you come to the realisation that it maybe isn't such a good idea.

So she had set up a schedule. She'd let her nurse for however long she liked in the morning, half an hour at nap time, and the same with bedtime. It was something Lauren wasn't happy with. But she was three years old and couldn't rely on her milk as a source of nourishment like a new born would.

Lauren, frustrated she wasn't getting her way, kicks her legs unhappy as she begins to literally wail. Loud, heavy, heart wrenching sobs escape her lips at a volume Camila has never heard before, and her hands, that were once clinging tightly to her mother were pushing her away not wanting anything to do with someone who didn't want to sooth her.

"Baby..." Camila trails off as she complies with the girls wishes, making sure she was steady on her feet before crouching down in front of the agitated tot.

Lauren ignores her and promptly drops to her padded behind, her ribs constructing from the sheer heaviness of her sobs.

Deciding that it'd be best for the girl to cry it out, Camila reluctantly rises back to her feet and gets on with clearing up the kitchen.

Unhappy her tantrum was doing nothing to make the situation better, the sobbing toddler begins to kick frustratedly at the cupboards opposite alone as her. Camila bites back the scold on her tongue at the sound of her cabinets being at the other end of the girls tantrum, her hands, that were so desperate to comfort her baby busy in the sink washing the dishes up from breakfast.

She wanted to give in to her baby, believe her she did, but she knew the moment she went and scooped the toddler up into her arms she knew Lauren would think her tantrum had worked. So much to her dismay, she continues on with the cleaning, her baby's upset cries echoing throughout the large kitchen.

"Mama..." Lauren cries pitifully, her cheeks red and blotchy, her eyes bloodshot and watery. Why wasn't her mama coming to hold her? Did she not like her anymore? At the very thought of yet more rejection, her sobs start back up again. They weren't heavy cries this time though. They were quiet, not meant to be heard.

Camila glances back at the change of volume in her baby's cries, and the moment she was met with the heartbreaking sight of her baby laying defeatedly on the floor, she was drying her hands of and making her way over to her, scooping her up into her arms without hesitation and holding her as close as she possibly could.

"It's okay baby, mama has you now, shh" she presses a kiss to the side of her head, her hand steadily patting her back as she once again finds herself pacing around the kitchen for the third time to today.