Chapter 11

Contains breastfeeding. Don't like, don't read. Simple as that 🙂

**

"I've tried just about everything. Rewards, bribes, praising. But she just doesn't want to know and I'm honestly stumped with what else I can do" Camila explains to the dietitian opposite as she bounces a distracted Lauren on her lap, her hands firmly grasping her waist to keep her steady.

The woman in front of her nods in understanding, "I see. How long has it been since she's last eaten a proper meal?" She asks, scooting her chair over to her computer before beginning to type.

The doctor Camila had initially seen and Camila herself had both gone over any issues that could be going on with Lauren and her refusal to eat, but after a few blood tests and scans, everything appeared to be just fine resulting Camila to be referred over to a dietitian.

Camila thinks back, "uhh, a little over five days. I've managed to get her to eat little bits of pieces of whatever I have and she has her bottles full of formula, so she isn't completely running on empty" she bites her bottom lip between her lip as she tries to rid herself of the guilt bubbling up in her stomach.

"I have a few options for you" the woman starts as her eyes flicker over the computer screen, "the first one is we could help you come up with a strict meal plan of high calorie snacks, as you said she was a little more willing to eat them over a proper meal. The second thing you could try is, and tell me if this is totally out of the question, breastfeeding"

Camila frowns, "but I'm not her biological mother, and isn't she a little too old for that? I mean I'm not against it, I just don't want her to get too attached as she'll be turning four in a little over ten months and that'll be the time I know I'll have to wean her off" she replies curiously.

Lauren looks up at the woman with a small grin knowing she was talking about her, and when a kiss was pressed to her head, she giggles and buries her into her chest.

"I don't think her age nor whether or not she's biologically related to you matters much honestly. She's a toddler, and you're her mother whether or not you have birth to her. Just focus on getting her the ideal weight" the woman replies simply easing the older Cubans worries, bending down ever so slightly to grab a blank prescription page from the printer.

"Now, this medication here will help you produce milk, and although that will be the main factor, stimulation will be needed too to give your body a helping hand" the woman glances down at the toddler in Camila's arms, "you could either have Lauren do it, or you could purchase a breast pump. Choice is completely yours" she signs the bottom of the paper before handing it over.

Camila takes it, and after thanking the woman with a grin, she rises to her feet with Lauren on her hip and makes her way out of the room, "alright monkey, lets go get mama's medicine" she pulls the tiny body close to her.

Lauren nuzzles her face into her mothers neck, her tiny hands clinging to the neckline of her v-neck shirt. She didn't really understand much of what went on just now, but she did know she was getting milk, and she liked milk.

Once back in the car and buckled up, Camila starts the car and drives over to the chemist opposite. She soon had the medication needed, and after swallowing the first one with the bottle of water she always kept in the car, she was pulling back out onto the freeway towards the direction of home.

Traffic was light so before she could really blink she was pulling into her drive way, and after she had pulled the keys from the ignition and unbuckled her seatbelt, she was climbing out of the car and heading round to the back.

A dozing Lauren's eyes flicker open when the sound of the car door opening fills her ears, and she finds herself letting out a soft whine as her hands come up to rub at her eyes.

"Shh, it's okay. Mama's got you" Camila was quick to sooth as she settles Lauren against her chest, placing a supporting arm underneath her butt before closing the car door, locking it and making her way towards the front door of their home.

She places an arm on the toddlers back as she kicks off her shoes, and after tugging off the little ugg boots Lauren's feet were supporting, she was wondering through to the living room.

Deciding they could both do with a nap, she sits herself down into the corner of the couch and allows Lauren to lay on top of her. She encloses her arms tightly around her, and after pressing a kiss to her head, grabbing a blanket and pulling it over them, she too was closing her eyes.

*

"Come on baby, for mama?" Camila finds herself pleading as she holds the spoonful of yoghurt closer the toddlers pouty lips, knowing that as her milk wouldn't be in for a few more days she had to try and get her to eat something.

But it turns out this time, persuasion wasn't working as the spoonful of food was soon pushed away. Releasing a small sigh, Camila defeatedly places the yogurt back onto the dining room table and runs a hand through her unruly hair.

Lauren appears to eye the woman cautiously for a few seconds before leaning against her, and Camila, despite wanting to cry out of frustration gladly holds her close, her hand cupping the back of the toddlers head.

"C'mon, lets go nurse for a while" Camila breaks the silence after a few minutes of cuddles, rising to her feet, tucking the chair back underneath the table and making her way up the stairs.

Knowing what nursing consisted of as her mother had explained it to her earlier, Lauren doesn't fight and allows herself to be held until they reached her room. Once there she was sat onto the big bed, and watches curiously as the bra was removed from her mama's body.

The moment the woman was sat down she was holding out her arms, and of course Camila doesn't hesitate to lift her onto her lap and hold her close. They simply cuddle for a while, laying chest to chest, but soon enough, Camila could see Lauren was beginning to get impatient and adjusts her so she was in a cradled portion.

"Alright mija, you know what to do. Be careful" Camila warns as she lifts up her shirt, refraining from letting out a gasp of surprise at the feeling of Lauren's surprising strong latch.

Worried eyes meet her own, and not wanting to worry her, Camila was quick to speak, "it's okay baby, mama's okay" she reassures softly, bringing a hand down rest on the toddlers diapered behind.

Lauren, thankful she wasn't hurting her mama, nods her head and brings her own hand up to grip the shirt that was resting just above her mouth. She suckles carefully, finding comfort even though there wasn't any milk, and after just ten short minutes, she feels her eyes beginning to flutter closed.

Although Camila was aware if she slept now she wouldn't sleep tonight, she leaves the toddler be and instead focuses on soothing her and holding her close. Her lips press against her forehead, lingering for a few seconds, and with a small smile, she slides herself down ever so slightly so she herself wasn't sat so upright.

Lauren's mouth soon goes slack, and as much as she wanted to let her remain where she was, Camila was beginning to get sore. Seeing a pacifier on the night stand next to her, the petite brunette reaches for it and coaxes Lauren off of her. It happens easier than expected, and before searching lips could latch back on, she was soon placing the nipple of the soother into the girls mouth instead.

"Good girl"

**

Sorry for the long wait but I hope you enjoyed anyway!

Next chapter: 150 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️