The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey(19)

“Come on baby turn on please!” I cried as I tried turning my car on for the firth time in a row.

The car made a screech before shutting off, god dam it! Just my damn luck. Today hadn’t been my day, besides getting detention afterschool I had to stay to fix a mess one of our newbie’s did. Even after giving them the guidelines, explaining what they had to do, they still screw up.

I got out the car slamming the car. “You stupid piece of crap! You’re a brand new truck, how in the hell do you break down!” I yelled, angrily.

The clouds roared over me, indicating they were getting ready to drop their water. With a sigh I grabbed the knob trying to open the door, turns out it was locked. I digged in my pockets looking for my keys but I couldn’t find them, sitting nicely in the ignition were my keys.

Fuck. My. Life.

Usually I had my phone in my back pocket but I had thrown it in my bag, which was in the car. I snarled slamming against the side of the car. I couldn’t drive home, I couldn’t call someone to pick me up, and I couldn’t take the bus. My house was at least thirty blocks and if I walked it would get to dangerous.

“You really like messing with me huh?” I said, talking to the sky. “I don’t want to see him! Not now and not ever! SO make my car door to open up magically!” I screamed.

The only responds I got was a thunder and the pouring rain crashing on me. I had no one to go to but Ale, his house was three blocks from the school. I could knock on his door ask to borrow his phone, run back to the school, and wait for Xavier. I nodded to myself, sounded like a plan.

Every ten steps I tried turning around and going back to my car, I really didn’t want to face Ale, at least not yet. All this week we haven’t seen each other, he has been at school it just he been avoiding me.

Okay Juliana, just tell him you need to use his cellphone because your car broke down. You don’t have to start a conversation nor stay. I pepped talked myself the entire way, forgetting that I was getting soaking wet. I took in a deep breathe and knocked on his door, at first I thought he was ignoring me because the lights of the house were on, and then I heard a noise coming from the backyard.

“Alejandro! Hey are you back there?” I screamed, making my way to the trampoline.

Squeak. Squeak. Squeak.

I opened the wooden gate to the backyard, on the trampoline Ale was jumping up in down as the rain came pouring down. I stood there watching him as he blocked the entire world. His eyes were closed and he kept jumping acknowledging my presence.

“Alejandro!” I spoke out.

He snapped his eyes open gazing at me.

“Hey, um, I don’t mean to bother you but my car broke down could I use your phone to call Xavier?” I asked him, embarrassedly.

He just stared at me, without saying a word. “Come jump with me.”