The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey(20)

“You see? No wonder our kids are dysfunctional!” My dad screamed at my mom.

Stop it. Please...just stop.

My knees were against my chest and I kept rocking my body back and forth. Mascara trails were all the way down to my collar bone, and my eyes were getting puffy from all the crying I was doing.

“Yeah thanks to you!” My mom shot back at him.

Why couldn’t they just shut up? They just needed to drop the argument, if they kept arguing they would only make the fight even bigger. It had never gotten this ugly before, there were times Xavier would leave, but it had never gotten to the point where I was crying in my room. I felt hopeless and useless, but mostly scared.

Thud. Something crashed against my window catching my attention, when I looked up Ale stood on the balcony, giving me a worried look. I got up running to open the door, the moment I swung those crystal clear doors open, I launched into his arms.

I was never so relive to see him before. He soothed me running his hand over my hair over and over again. Even from the balcony you could hear their screams, their useless screams for love.

“It’s okay.” He whispered, hugging me tightly against his arms.

“W-where is Xavier?” I stuttered, trying to keep myself calm.

“Linda picked him up from my house. After he left I came over to get you, you don’t deserve to be in this house right now.” He told me.

I backed away from him, sniffling. Even after everything we been through, he cares. He cares if I’m safe or not, and even after being a total ignorant girl with him he wants to protect me.

“I’m going to take you to Control’s house, I told him what was going on.” He explained to me.

I nodded. “O-okay, thanks.”

He told me to pack some clothes in my bag, before he helped me sneak out the house through the balcony. You would think even after driving away you would stop hearing your parents screams but it seemed as if it stayed in my mind, replaying.

My dad said we were dysfunctional and he understands it’s because of them. I have abandonment problems because I’m always used to people leaving me. So getting attach to someone and having the fear of them just disappearing on you, it’s scary.

“Are you okay?” He asked me, giving me a quick glance.

I nodded. “I just hate when they fight,” I mumbled, looking out the window.

For the past couple of months all I really wanted to do was see my dad, strangely I missed him. He wasn’t a bad man as my mom claimed him to be. He loved us, he truly did. Whenever I would be upset he would come up to me and say “Baby girl why cry. It takes a pretty girl more strength to cry than to smile.” That would always do the tick. In no time I would be smiling and gigging as he tried to cheer me up.