The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey(12)

• Dedicated to To All My Amazing Fans:)

When he kissed me on my forehead my heart fluttered, I wasn’t sure why my heart was doing that, but I liked it. I wrapped my arms around his torso and hugged him tightly, inhaling the aroma of his axe cologne.

“I’m sorry.” I told him, looking up at him.

He looks down at me, smiling. “Its okay,” He responded.

I stepped back shaking my head. “No. I’m sorry for reacting the way I did at the hospital, I know it wasn’t the best way,” I said sincerely, messing with my fingers.

Ale chuckled. “Its okay I forgive you. Just next time tell me the truth instead of blowing up and getting mad at me.” He informed me, pulling me back into a hug.

Mindy walked up to us pulling us apart. “You two can hug and everything later but right now I’m about to get married and I would love to have my brother and best friend there,” She giggled, pulling us into the ceremony.

Ale stood next to Greg while I stood by Mindy. She took in a deep breath before telling the priest he could continue. Ale looks up at me smiling, flashing me his white teeth. So things weren’t completely perfect, I still had to play Ale even if it meant playing myself as well. Whatever he made me feel had to go away soon, they just had too. Now that we were in good terms I was hoping all these weird feelings would go away.

I stared at Mindy and how she reacted towards Greg touches, he placed his fingers between hers filling in the gaps. She smiles looking down before looking up at him; she loved Greg way before he knew. I remembered she said love happened in the strangest ways, but when it happens you’ll feel it. She explained your heart starts beating fast, your palms get sweaty, and your entire life flashes before your eyes when they touch you.

I could never say I felt something like that before; I never loved anyone. And the only guy I ever liked turn out to be the guy I’m trying to play. Thinking about how I liked Alejandro two years ago made me realized I had no feelings for him. In ninth grade every time I saw him I felt like time had stopped and the only person I could see was him. Now when I see him I don’t completely hate him like I used too, but I didn’t like him either, the feelings I had for him were neutral.

Greg whispered something to Mindy and soon enough she was crying. When I looked up I saw Alejandro looking at her, his eyes watered a little but he tried to play it cool. Mindy smiles looking down at her flowers before looking at the priest.

“I Mindy Rodriquez take Greg Hunson…”Her voice cracked. “To be my husband…through the good and the bad…for the rich or poor…until death to us apart,” She cried.

Mindy placed the ring in Greg and smiled widely. “By the power of Jesus Christ I pronounce you husband and wife you may kiss the bride.” The priest said.

Greg walked up to Mindy and cupped her face, before kissing her. Everyone clapped and cheers; I just stood there as my eyes filled with tears. One day I hope to find someone that makes me that happy. I hope he turns out to be everything I every wanted, and when the day comes for us to get married I want everyone to clap and cheer us on.