Chapter 19

We took a seat at a booth, next to the fish tank. “Why is it that every Oriental restaurant has a fish tank inside it? I’ve always wondered.” I asked him, laughing a bit. He chuckled as we scooted into the booths, “I have no idea.” We kept laughing as a waitress came and gave us some menus. “Hello, welcome to Madam Lin’s! What can I get you two to drink?” She said as she pulled out a notepad and pen from her apron. “I’ll get a raspberry lemonade.” I responded, and Scott followed quickly after. “I’ll get a Sprite please.” She smiled and took our drink order down. “I’ll be right back with your drinks.” She said and turned towards the kitchen. I went to pick up one of the menus at the same as Scott, and our hands quickly brushed by each other’s. I blushed, and pulled the menu from under his quickly, hoping to shield the blush creeping onto my face. I caught his lips forming into a smile as I looked down at the menu. I bit my nails, a bad habit of mine I had when I couldn’t make decisions. Finally by the time the waitress came back I decided. “Now what would you like to eat?” She asked us, and Scott motioned for me to put my order first.  “Um, I’ll have the spicy chicken Pad Thai, please.” I said as I closed the menu and handed it back to her. “Yeah, I’ll get the spicy seafood plate with Pad Thai please.” He said, as he handed her his menu as well. She smiled at us as she grabbed them from us. “Your food will be out shortly.”

“So, how was your week?” I asked him, crossing my hands in front of me on the table. “It was good, just finished some labs that were due and worked a couple of days. How was yours?” I shrugged, “It wasn’t that bad. I was just stressed over a test I thought I didn’t do well on but I did.” He smiled. “That’s good.” He said, and quickly an awkward silence hung in the air between us. “So tell me something Lexie. Anything about yourself.” I laughed, he sounded like a TV Show announcer. I put my hands down in my lap. “I have a twin brother and two younger siblings.” He looked somewhat shocked. “I didn’t peg you as a twin type. What’s his name? How old are your other siblings?” I raised my eyebrow wondering what he meant by that. “Alexa, she’s the youngest, she’s three, and Chris, he’s six. My brother’s name is Liam. We look identical to each other, except the fact that he’s a guy and I’m not.” I said, laughing a bit. Scott laughed at this. “What about you? Do you have any siblings?” I asked him. “Yeah, I have a younger sister and an older brother. Mia is 18, and John is 26.” I nodded my head. “Wow, what is it like having an older brother? I know I have Liam, but I’m the older one of the two of us, so I wouldn’t understand.” He shook his head, smiling. “It was torture. He picked on me all the time, brotherly affection, obviously, until one day I was tired of it and kicked his ass.” I looked at him shocked, and he laughed. “You seriously did that?” I asked him, and he nodded. I shook my head in disbelief and finally the waitress came with our food.

          “Oh my gosh this is so good!” I said, moaning in excitement the yummy flavor of the food. Scott choked a little on water, caught off guard as he heard me, and laughed as he picked up some of his food. “Told you it was good here!” He said, smiling, and we continued the night eating and talking away.

**********************************************************************

“Thanks for taking me out tonight, I really enjoyed it.” I said as we walked up the stairs to my apartment. Scott had his hand on the small of my back, and he gave me a side smile. “No problem. I was glad you said yes.” I turned to face him as we reached my door. “Really? Why?” I asked him, curious to know what he thought. He shrugged and put his hands inside his pockets, nervousness radiating through him. “Yes really. You’re a cool girl and ever since the first time I saw you, even if you were falling flat on your butt, I wanted to get to know you better.” I blushed. “Well, that wasn’t exactly my finest moment.” I said as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, and letting his hand caress my cheek. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as he let his hand linger there for a moment. My breathing hitched as he leaned forward and whispered, “I really want to kiss you, but I want to take this slow.” He removed his hand from my cheek and took my hand in his. I took a deep breath of relief.  “I know something happened that made you guarded, I can tell.” I frowned a little, and he shook his head. “You don’t have to explain, I understand. I want to see you again, so I’m willing to take this slow.” I smiled a bit, and nodded. “I-I’d like that.” I answered him, and he leaned in to kiss my cheek. “Goodnight Lexie. I’ll text you later.” He said, and the butterflies in my stomach erupted once more as I watched him get into his truck and drive off. 

*A/N: Ahhh I can't wait for their relationship to develop? What do you think their next date should be? Comment your suggestions! 

Like ALWAYS, if you like what you are reading, please vote or spread the word! Thank you for your support! Xo