Chapter 18

I threw my clothes on the floor in defeat. “Ugh Jill I don’t know what to wear!” I said frustrated as I sat down on my bed. “Maybe this is a sign. Maybe I’m not supposed to go on this date! I should just text him that I can’t.” I said as I reached for my phone. “Put that phone down, I’ll find something.” She said, well more like ordered, as she walked towards my closet. After what seemed like forever, she finally pulled out an outfit. I smiled, “I swear sometimes you know me better than myself!” I said as I pulled the clothes from her and started changing.

“Lexie! Scott’s here!” Jill yelled thirty minutes later. I took one last look at myself  in the mirror. Jill ended up picking out some peach colored shorts with a floral tank top, and some nude colored sandals. Okay Lexie, Just be yourself. It’s just a date. I told myself. I took a deep breath and walked out to my living room. My breath caught in my throat as I looked up at Scott. Whoa. I thought to myself. He was wearing a button down green shirt, with some khaki shorts, and a pair of Sperry’s. “Wow, Lexie, you look great.” He said as I walked towards him to give him a hug. I blushed quickly. “The same goes to you. You look nice.” I complimented back. He pulled his arm out from behind and gave me a bouquet of pink and yellow tulips. “I didn’t exactly which ones to get, so um-” He stuttered as I took the flowers from him. “These are perfect thank you.” I said, placing them in a vase and then heading towards my door. “Okay you two need to go already! Go go go!” Jill pushed us towards the door. “Okay bye!” I said, quickly opening it and then we walked outside.

He opened the door for me before he went to the driver’s side to get in. “I like your truck.” I told him as I buckled in. He smiled brightly, obviously it’s very important to him. “Thanks. It’s a 2014 Chevy Silverado.” He said as he turned the key in the ignition and started to drive off. I took a quick look at him. “So where are we going tonight?” I asked him, curiosity starting to get to me. He took a side glance at me, and smirked a little. “It’s a surprise.” He said, and I smiled at him as I held my hands on my lap. After about a 15 minute drive, we finally pulled into the parking lot of a small, yet cozy looking restaurant. “Madam Lin’s?”  I questioned. He nodded his head as he helped me out of the truck. “Have you ever been here before?” He asked me, and I shook my head in response. He smiled. “If you like Chinese food, you’ll like this place. It’s a Thai restaurant.”  He said as he opened the door for me and led me inside.

A/N: I AM SO SORRY. I didn’t have time to write so finally here is an update. Thank you for being patient! I will try to update more frequently! Enjoy!