Chapter 2

After another hour of lecture, the professor finally released the class, and Jill & I rushed out and headed to my apartment to eat some breakfast. It was somewhat our morning ritual every Tuesday/Thursday. " You seriously need to manage your sleeping schedule better." Jill said as she pulled her long black hair into a ponytail. The sun was starting to peek out and the air was sticky. "I know, I know. I just can't help it. You know how I am when I get a hold of a good book!" She laughed as we walked toward the Quad. 

"So how was your weekend back home?" I asked her. "It was good, I got to see Trevor AND actually spend some time with him." Trevor was Jillian's boyfriend of a year, but whenever she went home he was either stuck at work or busy at school, so they didn't see each other much. Somehow they made it work though. "What about you Lexie?" No hot dates or hook-ups?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me in this "flirty" but actually stupid way. I shoved her playfully, "Jill, you know my love life is currently on hold right now. Especially with whatever is going on with Lucas and I. I don't even know what is up with him." I sad, a twinge of sadness coming through my voice. She let out an obviously annoyed groan, and I already knew what was coming. I had heard it a million times before.

"Seriously Lexie, I don't understand how you've been with that dumbass for a year and a half, when he clearly doesn't care about the relationship. He flirts with other girls in front of you AND online, and you're still waiting around for him? I don't think so girl." I sighed, knowing she was right, yet I couldn't let go of him. "We've been through so much you know?  I don't know who it would hurt more if I actually decided to leave, me or him." I responded back to her as we finally reached my apartment & I quickly reached into my bag for my keys. "I know you, and I know you can do way better Lexie, that's all I'm saying. You know I'm only looking out for you." Finally I found my keys, and opened the door, ushering her in as I sighed once more. "Yeah, I know Jill."