Chapter Twelve (Updated/Edited)

* * * * 

* * * * 

~ Charlotte's P.O.V. ~

I finished the food that Archer had made and it had shocked me at first at how good it was. What shocked me even more was the fact that I had eaten so much of it in the first place. I mean, he could've poisoned it or something, and I had just eaten the entire thing.

I bit my lip, debating if I should ask the question that has been stuck in my mind for awhile. Archer must have noticed because he looked at me questioningly, "What is it?"

"W-Why am I here?" I asked, my voice quiet and timid.

He looked thoughtful for a moment, most likely trying to figure out what to say, "How 'bout this? You and I can play a game and throughout this game, we can ask each other questions."

Without even meaning to, I blurted out, "That's not fair."

"What?" His voice was almost as if a breath. He didn't expect me to say something like that and neither did I.

My eyes widened and I had flinched at my own words, "I'm sorry! I don't know w-why I said that! I'm s-sorry!"

Archer shook his head, "No, don't be sorry. You never have to be sorry for anything you say. Though, I do want to know why you think my idea is unfair."

I looked at him cautiously, "Um, you kidnapped me, but you don't act or look like a kidnapper-"

He'd cut me off, "What do I look like?"

I blushed but shook my head, "And I want to know why you kidnapped me, but you won't tell straight out. It's kind of creepy."

"You're becoming braver and more outspoken." There was a smirk on his face.

A lump formed in my throat as my heart started to pace up, "I-I'm sorry. It's j-just that you asked me and-and-"

"Charlotte," He laughed, "Calm down, it's okay. It suits you and I think you should talk like that more often. You didn't even stutter."

He started walking over to what I thought was the living room, while I stayed seated at the kitchen island. My heart slowed down and I was calming down. I felt like I was going crazy for even being anywhere near comfortable with him, but there was just something about him. He was so nice to me and he hasn't done anything bad to me yet. Though, my father used to love me, but then that all disappeared.

I saw him open the top of the ottoman and took out a monopoly box. He then set it on the floor before sitting down himself. He crossed his legs criss-cross and it kind of made him look a little boyish. Other than the fact that he had tattoos and his muscles.

He'd set up the board game in front of him and then leaned forward, over the game and patted on the ground, "Come on, Charlotte. It's just a game and I promise nothing bad will happen."

Do I really have a choice?

I slowly got up from the chair and cautiously walked over to where he had patted. It was across from him and I was a good distance away from him.

"Have you played before?" He asked.

I nodded, "Only once."

He nodded, "I promise that whatever question you ask, I will answer."

I nodded once again. That wouldn't be so bad.

Archer leaned forward and reached for the battleship game piece, causing me to gasp. He looked up at me with wide eyes. It almost appeared as though he was concerned for me.

"What is it? Are you okay?" He questioned.

I blushed and sunk into myself.

"Come on. What is it?" He urged.

"Um," I took a deep breath, "I-I wanted to be the battleship . . ."

He picked up the game piece, giving me a smile before he held it out in front of me. I stared at it for a moment and then I looked back up at him.

"Take it, please." He said.

I reached forward and grabbed the piece. My fingers made contact with the palm of his hand and I could almost feel electric shocks come from both of our hands. I wanted to let out a grasp from shock, but I had managed to keep it in for the time being. There was something about that small bit of contact that made my heart flutter, even if it was just a little bit.

I pulled back with the battleship in my hand and placed it on the 'Start'. Archer fumbled with a few of the pieces before smirking and taking out the dog game piece and then placed it right next to the battleship.

"Okay, so you can go ahead and ask a question." He stated, picking up the die and handed it over to me.

I swallowed a lump that was stuck in my throat, "Anything?"

He nodded, "Anything."

I bit my lip, "Um, why can't I leave?"

Archer cleared his throat and straightened his back, "I guess you could say that I really like you."

"You've only known me for a week."

He nodded, "Yes, but there's just something about you and I know that it's awful that you are basically trapped here, but I also want to make sure that you're okay. I mean, you passed out from a fucking panic attack that I pretty much cause."

That cleared up absolutely nothing at all. He liked me? If I ended up liking him back, would that make it Stockholm syndrome?

I rolled the die, getting a total number of 6. I moved my game piece to a place, "Can I buy it?"

He nodded and looked at the price, "$200."

I started getting the money and I waited to give it to him so that he could get the card that I needed. We did an exchange so that I could have the place. He did his next round, but he didn't buy anything, which was probably a mistake."

"Can I ask you a question now?" He asked.

Technically, he already did, though I wasn't going to be a smartass, it had gotten me into major trouble when I lived at the house with my father. All I could do was give him a small nod.

"Do you want to go home?" There was a bit of hesitation in his voice.

My eyes slightly widened and I could feel another lump start to form in my throat. I wanted to get out of this place so much, but where would I go? I have no home, no shelter, and no place for me to be safe. If I got out of this place, I would just end up going back to sleeping on a bench. At least, no one has harmed me and I had a warm bed and food while I was here.

Archer has been the first guy that I've even let come within fifty feet of me without me completely having a mental breakdown. Well, at first, he didn't really give me a choice when I saw him in the forest.

Should I be honest? Probably, maybe the outcome would be better if I was.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" He questioned.

I let out a shaky breath and brought my knees to my chest, "It scares me to be here, but I don't . . . I don't really have anywhere to go."

He raised an eyebrow, "Nowhere to go?"

I only nodded. All of a sudden, he stood up from where he was sitting, "Come with me."

"W-What?" I was scared at what he wanted.

He looked at me softly, "Just come with me, please."