Chapter Three (Updated/Edited)

* * * * * 

* * * * * 

~ Archer's P.O.V. ~

There had been rogue sightings at the edge of the territory for the past week now and it's really pissing me off. I know that my pack warriors are more than capable of keeping this territory safe from those damn rogues, so what I don't understand is how they are getting through the borders. I was going to send my beta to deal with the mess, but I ended up going myself, because I know that I am able to do my job.

I was looking around the woods, trying to see everything I could, even though it was dark out. Everything was as it should be when I smelled one of the most perfect scents I have ever smelled. It was a mixture of cherry blossoms and strawberries. I didn't even know that I liked the smell of cherry blossoms in the first place.

I followed the scent and soon, it was mixed with some blood. Not a lot, but the scent was still there.

My wolf, Amarok, was pacing around in my head, which confused me. He's never been this anxious, especially around blood. I kept walking until the smell became stronger and that's when I saw her.

There was a girl who was sitting on the ground, looking at her knee. I could see and smell the blood that had started running down her leg. I wanted nothing more than to go over and help her. I was able to see a part of her face and she was beautiful. I couldn't see into detail, but in the moonlight, her skin shone and her chestnut hair glowed. I now know why Amarok was so riled up.

I made the mistake of taking another step, because she heard it, "W-Who's there?"

There was no point in hiding from her now. This time, I was able to see that there was something in her hand, which had soon became clear that it was a flashlight. Werewolves had a lot more sensitive eyes and I felt a slight, sharp pain in my eyes, so much so, that I had to look away for a split second.

Looking back, the light helped me see her face and what I saw was painful. There were tears in her eyes. I made the mistake of taking a few more steps forward, but I wanted to wipe the tears away. Every muscle in my body wanted to go near her, but I was using my full willpower to stay in control. She should never have those tears rolling down her soft looking skin.

"P-Please. S-Stay away." She cried.

I would never hurt her, even the thought made me sick. I needed to make her happy and I needed to do it now. I didn't like seeing her like this and I know that I can make her feel better, some way or another. So, I took another step, but she lets out a small scream. She tries to scoot away from me, but her back hits against a tree.

She was breathing really heavy and it worried me even more because it looked like was going to pass out from the lack of air. That wasn't good at all.

I continued to walk closer to her and and I notice her starting to fall back, no doubt, fainting. I rush over to her when her whole body hits the ground.