Chapter Four (Updated/Edited)

* * * * 

* * * * 

~ Charlotte's P.O.V. ~

Until further notice? What was that supposed to mean? I can't leave . . . I can't leave. He's just going to keep me here for who knows how long. Isn't that kind of like kidnapping? Tears started to flow down my face after a few seconds had started to pass. He's probably not going to let me leave, meaning that I'm trapped in this, well, wherever I am. I mean, it wasn't any worse than my situation before. I was on the streets with no place to go and something worse than this could have happened, but I couldn't stop the tears.

"Alpha, I think you should leave." Dr. Griffin spoke, her voice as soft as it could be. It sounded as though she was trying to not be disrespectful at all. She called him "Alpha" again and I still didn't know why.

"Why should I?" He asks darkly.

The tone of his voice scared me a bit more. His whole presence scared me to the point where I could hardly move without crumbling to the ground, if I had been standing.

"You heard what she said. She's not only scared of you, but men entirely. Your presence is only making it worse. Give her time. Maybe bring Summer in. Another girl may help her feel more comfortable."

There's another girl here? Was she like me?

Archer hesitated for a moment, but then slowly nodded, "Fine, I'll go get her. Just know that Jackson will probably be coming along."

He left the room, giving my lungs the moment to take in some air. He scares me and I can't seem to breathe within a thirty foot radius between us and I hated that feeling. It wasn't as though I could really do anything about it.

I look back at Dr. Griffin "S-So . . . are there more people here?"

She nodded slowly, "Yes."

I nodded, "Like th-that girl . . . Summer." It took me a minute to remember the name that Archer had said.

"Yes, Summer is part of Alph- Archer's pac- family. They're cousins actually. His father and her mother are siblings. There's a lot of people who live in this house."

"This isn't really a house. M-More like a hospital."

"Well, actually, more like a mansion. Archer has his own personal hospital in the building."

There was a moment of silence before I spoke again, looking down at my hands, "Archer said-"

"If what Archer said hurt or disturbed you in any way, don't take it to heart. It's just how he is."

I didn't speak again, letting the silence fill the atmosphere. My thoughts started to move around rapidly in my head, giving several scenarios that could go on at this very moment.

Another silence. Another painful silence. At any given moment in time, Archer can come back into this room with a gun and shoot me, deadpan in the head. He could kill me with his bare hands, he seems to be strong enough to do much worse than just end my life. I would be the perfect person to take out. No one would be looking for me.