Chapter Eleven (Updated/Edited)

*  *  *  *

* * * *

~Charlotte's P.O.V.~

After Archer and I's small talk that we had in the bathroom, I had calmed down a bit. My heart rate started to slow down and so did my breathing. He was the first one to make a move and stood up from where he was sitting. He even came closer to me and held out his hand to me (which made me jump a little), but then told me that he was only trying to help me off the floor. For the first time, I voluntarily touched Archer, holding onto his hand. My body was still shaking, but I did make some progress.

He was taking me to the kitchen that was on the fourth floor, which was the same floor that we had been staying on. I still found it a bit weird that he had so many floors in this house- well, mansion.

"Um, your h-house is really b-big." I said, mentally curing at myself for stuttering.

He looked at me in the corner of his eyes, "Yeah, I have a big . . . family and we all live in this one building. My parents and their parents have been saving up all of their lives and the money kind of just piled up, I guess."

I wonder what they did for a living.

"They took in stock and invested a few markets and shops in the area." He suddenly spoke.

My eyes widened as he answered my question. I didn't mean to say that aloud, "S-Sorry. I didn't m-mean to pry."

Archer shook his head, a small smile laced through his lips. There was something about his smile that made me feel almost at ease, but at the same time, it made me feel something I couldn't quite put my finger on. What was it?

In an unconventional timing, my stomach growled. "You're hungry." He stated.

Looking down a bit embarrassed, I nodded.

Suddenly, Archer grabbed my hand, startling me. It scared me so much that I started to struggle out of his grib.

"Charlotte . . . Charlotte . . . look at me! I promised you that I wouldn't hurt you, right? And I'm going to keep that promise." His voice seemed frantic as he stared at me.

I closed my eyes so that I couldn't see his face and so that I could calm down. With my eyes closed, I slightly leaned away from him so that I could no longer feel his touch. I then opened my eyes, seeing that Archer was now standing a few feet away from me, holding his hands behind his back. He was trying and I could tell.

He sighed a little and started walking again, leading me toward the kitchen. I had expected to see several people there, but when we arrived, there was no one.

I bit my lip, wanting to ask a question, but was afraid to.

Archer stared at me, "What are you thinking?"

I took a deep breath, "W-Where is everyone? I-I would've th-thought that there'd be more p-peopke here."

"There's different floors and this one just happens to be mine." He informed me.

Wow, this whole floor is his? It didn't even seem to be possible and my brain couldn't wrap itself around it. A whole floor that only he lived on. Even the thought started to make my heart beat faster out of nerves. What was he going to do with me?

My stomach growled once more and my cheeks flared up. This is so not happening right now. Archer turned to look at me once again and cautiously, I took one step back. I could see in his eyes that he didn't like what I did, but it didn't seem to make him angry, but more upset. I thought that he was going to say something because he opened his mouth, but then shut it again. Instead of talking, he just let out a sigh and continued towards the kitchen. In my head, I think he didn't say anything because he probably noticed my slightly shaking figure. A tinge of fear was starting to seep through.

"I'm t-trying." I stuttered.

I noticed his eyes widened as he turned around, "Trying what?"

"T-To not be scared. I-It's just h-hard for me." I tried to explain.

He'd let out another sigh, like he was defeated, "Like I said, I get it. I took you to my house that's in the middle of the woods! I know that seems . . . strange and it's illegal, but . . . but I promise that I will explain everything. Just please, give me some time."

I closed my eyes so that I could calm my heart rate. Time. I seem to have enough of that right now.