Chapter 11: Alice's POV Part 2

'Never mine, never mine, never mine...'

Those words echoed in my head. Ouch. Why did I feel so desolate? I literally just met this boy. I laughed. 'I'm just jealous of the bond between them' I thought 'Kate hates him!' I stooped down by the fountain and sat on the mosaic tiles. Tears just kept rolling down my face, dragging my make up down with them. The fleeting noise of footsteps registered in my ears, but I was too numb with envy to care. Someone stood in front of me.

"Ms. Sloane...are you okay?" A voice interrogated. I looked up warily. It was Kyoya from the host club. My eyes opened wide and I jumped up.

"Oh, I'm fine Kyoya! Thanks for asking! I'm...I'll be okay." I said, plastering on my best fake smile despite the feeling of dry tears and make ul smudged on my face.

"What a lovely facade, Ms. Sloane." He offered blatantly, his tone slightly mingled with sarcasm. He looked me in the eyes. He handed me a small, black object with a flower casing and smooth front. My phone. His eyes bore into mine. "I'm always here." He said, his tone soft. His usual nonchalant exterior had eroded away; or at least for now. I put my hand on my phone that rested in his palm and kept looking into his soft eyes.

"Do you believe in a change of heart? Can someone who hates the one that loves them most really change?" I asked, my voice soft and frail. His eyes lightened and he smiled a little.

"I suppose. If someone were to awknowledge those feelings and learn to love, than I'm sure that they could be compadible." He reasoned. Our hands were still by eachother, the phone a titanium wall between us.

"That's good. I-I'm glad you think that, Mr. Ootori." I said back as I returned his smile with a genuine one of my own.

"Please, call me Kyoya. I think I know what made you devise that question." He said, his palm still holding my phone. It wasn't an awkward gesture, it was very comfortable.

My gaze never broke. "Tama-sempai...he and her,they-" I started as tears began to trickle again. Kyoya quickly cut me off by pulling me into a hug. I grabbed my phone and felt myself pressed agaisnt his warm body. I quickly wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. It wans't a casual hug; it was a passionate and emotional hug. He pulled back after a while.

"Ms. Sloane, you will be fine. Just keep your eyes as open as your heart." He said slowly retreating. I smiled

"Thank you. I will." I said as he turned and began to walk away. "Oh, and one more thing. Please, call me Alice."

He looked back at me and smiled, the front of his shirt smudged with my make up. As he disappeared, I turned on my phone and saw the time. 12:16. I unlocked my phone and noticed my contacts were open. I scroled through the familiar names, then I smiled. A new contact was just created; a contact for Kyoya Ootori. 'Bye-bye Tama-sempai' I thought as I made my way to find my friends.