Chapter 12: Aven's POV

O. M. G.

Been so long...

Lots of hard stuff going on guys...

Sorry;

Had to take a hiatus.

I love you all and I hope I'm back more consistently ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jumped out of the car, and I was immediately swept into a crowd of girl and guys dancing and laughing. Meh, not really my kinda behavior. My phone buzzed in my hand and I looked down at the dimly lit screen to see a message from Kate.

Lets all meet @ 12am by the clocktower

K c ya then

I texted back hastily. I turned my phone off and tucked it into my bra. The ballroom was huge and elaborately adorned, streamer hanging everywhere and tables teeming with rich goodies. When I turned I saw Kate flip off Tamaki, but he didn't seem to mind. 'How cute!' I thought to myself, smiling. Kate and him would be the best pair.

I danced around carelessly, getting whistles from guys and glare grom girls. One of the Host Club twins came up to me.

"May I have this dance, dearest Aven?" he said, twirling his finger sround one of my ringlets or curled hair.

"I thought you'd rather dance with your brother, Kaoru." I joked, sticking my tongue out at him.

He blushed. "It's all an act; and how did you know I wasn't Hikaru?"

"You guys arent as similar as everyone thinks." I said back, looking deep into his eyes.

"So may I have this dance?" He inquired again.

I laughed. "Do I really have a choice?"

And with that, we swayed back and forth to the smooth rhythm of a whining violin. He twirled me and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"So how can you tell us apart?" He asked, guiding me around the room with his hands on my hips.

"You guys may look the same, but the way yoh carry yourself and your body languages sre different." I answered, resting my hands in his shoulder.

"Oh.." he said, looking away.

I stopped. "What?" Had I made him mad?

"It's just-" he started.

I saw something in the distance, out of ths corner of my eye. The click tower. "Shit." I muttered as I started to jog away, "Sorry."

"What?" He said, confused.

"I have to go meet Kate and Alice, sorry. It was fun dancing!" I yelled, as I ran and didn't look back.

¤

When I made it to the clock tower it was 11:59. I ran over to Alice, looking frazzled but beautiful as always. "Have fun?" I asked her.

"Yes. Surprisingly, yes!" She giggled and smiled.

"Tama-chan?" I said, elbowing her and winking.

Her gaze fell. "No...actually not."

"Oh." I said. I knew she didn't want to talk about it. Alice and I stood there for a while, just thinking to ourselves.

I checked the time.12:30 and Kate was still a no-show.

"That's it; I'm calling her." I said to Alice.

I pulled out my phone and clicked on her contact. After a few seconds she picked up.

"What?!" She yelled into the phone.

"It's 12:30! Where the hell are you?!" I spat back, irritated.

"I'll be there in a sec. Sorry." She said quickly, ending the call.

'I wonder what she was busy doing...' I thought as I waited for my friend to arrive.