Chapter 10: Alice's POV Part 1

Been a while... xc

As soon as we left the car, Kate and Aven were swept away by the livley crowd. The crowd washed me away onto the dancefloor and beautiful people twirled in their lovely gowns. I saw Regan off to the left talking with a boy, smiling. The corners of my mouth turned upward. 'How sweet' I thought 'young love.' Butterflies swarmed my stomach at the thought of dancing with one particular boy. Tamaki; the ladies man with a stolen heart. My hand buzzed and I looked down to see the sleek screen of my phone illuminated with a message from Kate.

Let's all meet @ 12am by the clocktower

I slid the bar on my phone and typed a quick reply.

K, c ya then!:)

I set my phone down on a table absentmindedly and wandered throught the dancing duos. I was looking for Tamaki. Whenever I saw him, I knew he was troubled. He would have a distraught look on his face, then it would disappear as fast as it arrived. It was like the calm before the storm. I wanted so badly to be the solutions to his evident inner turmoil. I wanted to be the one who helped him. I wandered over to a pillar by the food table and leaned agaisnt it casually. Then, I saw Tamaki. I ducked behind the pillar "feeling like a fool. I inhaled deeply.

'Now is your chance! Go talk to him! You can do it Al!' I pictured an enthusiastic Aven proclaim in my head, 'Go get him!' I fixed my hair and fixed my dress. I coyly walked out from behind the pillar then froze. Tamaki had grabbed Kate's hand and was walking away with her. I was frozen. Normally, with the help of pep-talk Aven, I would've asserted myself and walled over confidently to then and charmed him away. But this was different, even with Tamaki.

That fighting look in his eyes had completely vanished. The way he glowed; the way her hand fit in perfectly with his. It was perfect. I knew then that Tamaki Suoh was never mine. And he never would be. He would always chase after Kate because of the way she took away the pain without even trying. The way with just one look from an outsider you could see all the time he spent wooing girls meant nothing compared to a second with her. It was insane. I thought I was insane.

'Am I just jealous and overreacting? Or am I seeing what no one else has?' I contemplated as I subconciously walked outside. I was in the courtyard when my face started to feel puffy. I was jolted out of my spacyness and realized that I was crying. He was gone. Tamaki was behind my reach. With one look he had stolen my heart and now threw it away. But in reality, he never had it to start.

Part 1! Yay!