Chapter 18

We sat in our corners of the janitors closet in silence. Neither of us knew what to say. I noticed him keep looking at me but I continued to stare at the floor. I had my legs at my chest and my arms wrapped around them.

"Y/n?"

I snapped back into reality and looked at him.

"What do we do?" He asked.

I didn't know how to answer that. I've been wondering the same thing. We're both alone. All I have is Evie and Leo. All he has is Evie and me. We're completely responsible for everything... for the rest of our lives. At such a young age, we have the responsibility of managing a house/apartment, taxes, cleaning, cooking, and I have to take care of a kid.

What do we do?

"Honestly..." I began. "I don't know, Leo. We have a lot of shit on our plate. But... that doesn't mean we can't get through it. You'll always have me. We can do this. Together. Just think positive... I mean like... we get to like... make our own rules and shit."

He chuckled. It was the first time I've heard him laugh since my father died. I smiled. He looked at me funny.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked with a slight grin. I hesitated again.

"I missed your laugh," I said without thinking. I regretted saying it out loud, but thank god I did.

His smile got bigger.

"Come on, my laugh is so ugly," he said, giggling a little bit.

"Shut up! It's literally adorable and you can't convince me otherwise," I argued. His cheeks went pink and he smiled at me.  I felt my face go red.

"Ooooh somebody's blushing!" He said.

"Shut up!" I replied, covering my face.

Before I knew it I felt hands pulling my arms away from my face.

"Don't cover your face. Show it off. 'Cause it's beautiful," he said. My face turned an even darker shade of red before he started tickling me.

I laughed and struggled. When I got myself free I chased him to the other side of the closet. He knocked over a broom and it made a much louder noice than you'd expect. We both laughed.

When we settled down we looked into each other's eyes. The pain wasn't there anymore. His pupils were wide and the color was back in his face, as I'm sure mine was as well. I began to lean in and he did too.

Our lips were inches apart when the bell sounded outside. I smiled and slid my finger up and over his lips. I turned and grabbed my bag as he groaned. I turned around and smirked at him before opening the closet door.

"Last one to my car is a rotten egg!" I suddenly yelled.

"Hey!" I heard him yell as I weaved through freshman. He followed behind me. We raced to my car and I slapped the hood.

"I win!" I shouted. He ran over and grabbed me by the waist and lifted me into the air. I squealed. He pinned me against my car and tickled my sides.

I laughed hysterically and kept yelling for him to stop. When he did it went serious. He cupped the sides of my face and pulled me closer him, his body up against me. His lips brushed against mine before he made complete contact.

He kissed me passionately for what felt like forever and I kissed back. I didn't care who saw us.

When we parted he pulled me into a hug. Then he whispered into my ear.

"If you ask me... I think I won."

I smiled and walked around to the passenger seat. I stared at him before getting in.

Thank god I ran into the janitor's closet.

Thank you for reading