Chapter 12

The day passed by slowly. We did a whole lot of sitting around.

Leo went home at 9 after I put Evie in bed.

I went upstairs, put my hair in a messy bun and changed into some comfortable clothes. I laid in bed for hours just staring at the ceiling.

It seemed like I was loosing everybody. So many people around me were dropping like flies.

Two sophomores committed suicided on the same day 3 weeks ago. One senior died of a drug overdose 2 weeks ago. Last week, 4 freshman were hospitalized when they got in a fight.

The only good thing that happened to me this year was running into that Janitors Closet.

•••

I woke up at 9:30. Today Evie didn't wake me up. I got worried. I hurried into her room, but she wasn't in her bed.

I rushed down the stairs and was relieved to see her sitting on the couch. She was staring at the tv but it wasn't on.

I grabbed the remote and turned it on. I went over and sat by her.

"You ok?" I asked.

She simply nodded. She hadn't really spoken much at all since yesterday.

"Do you want anything to eat?"

She shook her head.

"You haven't eaten since yesterday morning."

She didn't answer.

I went into the kitchen and poured a bowl of cereal. I sat on my phone opened the laptop that was sitting on the table.

I was shocked to see the pdf that popped up after I typed in the password.