Chapter 75

"You said you feel a sense of guilt because of what happened, with everything you told me I could see where that feeling could stem from

"You said you feel a sense of guilt because of what happened, with everything you told me I could see where that feeling could stem from. Do you feel guilty about how you ended it with her?"

The first few sessions weren't as intense as this one. I could tell Dr. Ross was definitely going in on this session knowing by now I was more comfortable talking to her.

"I feel guilty for a lot of things not just that" I got out

"Would you like to elaborate?" She questioned as she gestured with her hands for me to continue on.

"The first thing I feel guilty about is showing up to the scene in the first place. I felt like I disrupted the police's work and it overall ended up real messy" I said leaning forward in my seat playing with my hands "I also feel guilty for leaving my girlfriend who begged me not to go. She says it's nothing, but I don't care it wasn't just nothing"

"The second thing?" Dr. Ross asked

"I did think I was a bit insensitive about how I ended things. We weren't dating, but I knew she was feeling me on another level. I didn't really care at that moment if I'm being honest" I shrugged "our relationship was strictly sex"

"Third?" She asked once again

"I feel guilty that I couldn't love her the way she loved me. Unrequited love sucks and the fact that it drove her to the lengths it did means she was really heartbroken...or maybe just a psycho, who knows." I sighed "but above that, I hate her...so much. Even dead she's fucking with me. For her last words to be blaming me for everything I just-" I said before pausing

The room filled with aching silence

"I feel like I have a right to feel that way, but then again I feel like I contributed. She drugged me and did all this shady shit that I hate her for, but at the end of the day I'm alive and she's not. I probably sound so stupid-"

"You don't sound stupid, Hunter. You just have so many emotions that you could finally freely express" she said calmly "You're trying to gather your thoughts and grasp everything on your own, but that's what I'm here for-to declutter them"

I nodded in response

I did feel a weight lifted off my shoulders finally getting everything I was feeling off my chest. This session was gonna be good for me.

 This session was gonna be good for me