Chapter 5

"BLUE 82! BLUE 82! SET

"BLUE 82! BLUE 82! SET...HIKE!" I yell. Quickly after the play starts to develop.
I look around the field for an open receiver, I gotta act quick.

Our defensive end comes loose and is headed straight towards me ready for the tackle. My receiver finally gets open and I let the ball fly hoping it hit the target. I, of course, am tackled anyway and fall straight to the ground.

Coach blows the whistle. I kind of just lay on the ground, the wind was knocked out me. Our defensive end, Tevin, lends a hand to help me up.

"You good pretty boy" he says with a smirk forming on his face. "Thought I knocked you out for a sec-"

"TEVIN! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT HARD HITS LIKE THAT IN PRACTICE? DO YOU WANT YOUR QUARTERBACK OUT FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON?!" Coach Ben yells point his clip board at Tevin.

"I'm sorry coach, my bad" Tevin says trying to seem remorseful.

"Don't let it happen again! Now let's run that play one more time!" Coach runs back to the sideline.

We start to go walk back into formation.
"You're a piece of shit Tevin you know that?" I say laughing.

"I had to get you for the one time, you were looking a little tired" he says smirking taking his position at defense.

"Fuck you Tevin" I say full out laughing

"ARE YOU DONE CONVERSING? LETS GO" coach blows the whistle and training camp continues.

See Tevin is one of my two closest friends on the team. We met when we both attended Auburn University, we had the best time of our lives there. Tevin is two years older then me, when I first got to college I was lost as most people are and he helped me adjust–on and off the field. After his senior year he left for the NFL and was drafted by the Giants, we kept in touch and then the draft came around I too was drafted by the Giants.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

After practice was over, we all headed towards the locker room–sweaty and sore. I shake my arm out a little to try to get rid of the some soreness, this is what happens when you don't train after a couple months.

"Hunt you coming over to hang later right?"

"Yeah definitely, I want that 2k rematch" I say chuckling.

"I know y'all weren't about to hang out and not invite me, right?" Our best wide receiver , Chris, asked coming out of the showers.