Chapter 71

I felt even guiltier then I did before

I felt even guiltier then I did before. I ruined Nadia's birthday for this bullshit and I had no one to blame but myself.

I hate my self for being so damn nice and fucking gullible. I just couldn't leave this shit alone. I couldn't let Ruby die even if she was not all there in the head—I just didn't want her taking the easy way out.

I valued life so much that I just couldn't let her die knowing there was a way I could help. She no longer wanted to live and her final fuck you was to have me watch her do it. She blamed me for everything and I took that blame as her last words echoed in my head.

Standing in the shower, I washed the remnants of her blood away scrubbing my skin raw.

| E A R L I E R |

I raced towards the address that Detective Rios sent over hoping I wasn't too late.

Ruby and I had our fling, but I didn't think the girl would become obsessed with me. I couldn't let her die knowing I could do something and that by doing so she could get the help she needs.

I remember the Ruby before all this happened. She was fun loving—partied quite a bit, kind, motivated. I could've saw myself with her, but that wasn't what I wanted. Did I cut her off a bit too harshly? Probably. Thinking back to that night, I couldn't help but that that maybe that was what triggered her.

Was she always crazy? Did I make her crazy?

These are the questions I ask myself as I was held up in busy traffic.

| F L A S H B A C K |

"You did it?" Tev asked me as he drank his beer

We were all sitting around Chris' place chilling as we watched the NFL draft.

"Yeah I sent her a text" I said putting my phone down. I was not about to face her knowing she's dramatic as hell and I wasn't with the crying bullshit.

"A text?! Damn, you foul! That's some shit I would do, I've taught you well" Chris laughed as he patted my back

"Man get off me" I laughed as I shrugged him off my shoulder "ain't nobody tryna get like you, I just rather not deal with her again"

"What she do?" Tev asked chuckling

"She told me she loved me while we were having sex" I said shaking my head in amusement as I took a sip of my beer "don't get me wrong she's a nice girl but I wasn't in it for all that. I should've broke it off a while ago I knew her ass was getting a little too clingy"