Chapter 14

This font=dream

"Why the hell would you go down there Peter?!" Mr. Stark yelled as we stood in his lab. "I'm sorry Mr. Stark! I wasn't thinking!"
"Exactly! You weren't thinking! This guy is extremely dangerous! You could have gotten yourself killed!"
"Tony-" Mr. Strange spoke, trying to intervene.
"God knows what they would have done if they had seen you!"
"Tony-" Mr. Strange piped up again.
"And don't give me that lame excuse of you just wanting find your girlfriend!"
"TONY!" Mr. Strange yelled. "What?" Mr. Stark complained.
"I'm on Peter's side." He mumbled. "I'm sorry I didn't catch that. I can't here you over your stupidity." Mr. Stark complained.
"I'm saying Peter has the right idea."
"Explain Strange. Tell me how I'm wrong." Mr. Stark insisted, sitting down in his desk chair.
"Well I'll give you the point for how dangerous it was for him to go. But thanks to him, we now know where Nightmare is keeping Y/n. Now we can figure out a plan to save her." Mr. Strange explained.
"Well umm, there is one thing I forgot to mention." I noted.
"And what would that be?" Mr. Stark questioned, a tone of anger in his voice.
"Y/n's uh...she's uh..."
"Spit it out Peter!" Mr. Strange yelled.
"I think-I think she's working for him now." I explained. "What do you mean?" Mr. Strange spoke, slowly moving closer to me.
"She looked different. Her hair was white and her eyes were glowing red. And-and her powers that we saw, you know right before she almost killed up, it wasn't blue anymore. It was this bright red color, kinda like fire." I noted. "And he kept telling her that the reason why he was training her was so she could umm...kill you."
"Me?" Mr Strange questioned. I nodded along in response. "What did I do? I wasn't around to do anything wrong." Mr. Strange insisted.
"I think that's his plan." Mr. Stark said.
"What?" Mr. Strange questioned.
"He's using Y/n. He's trying to turn her against you in order to, well, kill you." Mr. Stark explained. The three of us sat in silence, trying to figure out what to do. With a few swift movements of his hands, Mr. Strange's suit appeared on his body. "And where the hell do you think you're doing?" Mr. Stark questioned, standing up quickly.
"I'm going to go save my daughter. And I'd advise you not to follow." Mr. Strange insisted, creating a portal into the alleyway.
After the portal closed, I looked up at Mr. Stark. "Well if he's going, I'm going to-"
"There's no way I'm letting you go down there again." Mr. Stark said, grabbing my wrist.
"Why?! I'm the only one who knows those tunnels! Mr. Strange will get lost down there!" I argued.
"Well that's for him to figure out." Mr. Start insisted. "And Peter, you're spending the night here."
"Wait what?!"
"I can't trust you Peter, so you'll be staying in the guest room I added."
"Come on Mr. Stark! I-"
"Don't start with me Peter. I told Aunt May you had to work over night so you're excused from any kind of ranting from her in the morning."
"But Mr. Stark-"
"Go Peter. Everything you need is in there. Including a security system so you can't sneak out. Third door on the left." Mr. Stark walked out of the lab, without looking back.
I slumped my way to the bedroom down the hall, taking note of the bedroom that was bigger than my apartment.
I took off my suit and was left with my boxers. After slowly laying down and pulling the covers up to my chest, I instantly felt my eyes begin to close.

*dream*
I was back underground. The same skulls and same bones covered the ground. The same lurid feeling made my spine tingle as I walked.
As I walked through the same tunnel as before, all I could hear were screams, coming from the same room I had already visited.
"No! Please no!" A voice screamed. "Y/n..." I whispered.
I sprinted down the tunnel and into the room. Both Y/n and Mr. Strange were on the ground, Nightmare standing above them. His wicked grin spread across his face as one of his feet stomped just centimeters away from Y/n's head.
"You disappointed me Y/n! I work and I work to train you! And you betray my trust but letting this man in here!" Nightmare explained. "You disobeyed me and now, you will have to pay." He said.
Nightmare took a large sharp bone from the ground and slid it through Mr. Strange's chest. "NO PLEASE!" Y/n screamed.
As Mr. Strange fell to the ground, Nightmare turned to Y/n, the horrific smile appearing on his face once again. He swung his arm back and sent the bone flying into her chest.
"NO!" I screamed. "NO PLEASE STOP!"
Suddenly my body became numb and my vision became blurry. I gave one last look at the scene in front of me as I fell to the ground.
*end of dream*

I sat up quickly, gasping. My hand landed on my chest, feeling my heart rate begin to steady.
"Y/n...I have to save her!" I said, jumping out of bed and grabbing my suit.