Arc 1.20 Part 1

Bai An Cheng's eyes are wide open as his mind short-circuited. Ansell deepens the kiss by tilting his head at an angle and shifting to lessen the space between them. Bai An Cheng put his hands on the man's chest, to push him away or not, he doesn't know so he let his hands in between them.

A few beats pass just like that and Bai An Cheng still couldn't grasp what's happening to him.

Our ML senses no response from our MC. He broke the kiss first—if you can call it that—and with uncertainty said, "Baby? A-are you okay? Are you... mad?"

Bai An Cheng started and looked up at Ansell bathed in orange and red hue from the sun setting down in the horizon. He sucked a breath absentmindedly and unconsciously gripped the man's shirt in his hand tightly.

"Wh-what was that? Why did you... kiss me?" He said breathlessly. He can't help but blush when he remembers the not-so-kiss a while ago.

"I love you." Ansell blurted out without thinking. It shocked the two of them and they stared at each other with eyes wide open.

"What?"

"I..."

Looking at Bai An Cheng's face made him steel himself and decided to just wing it, say what he's really meaning to say ever since. He cleared his throat and got serious.

"What you heard was the truth. I-I love you. I don't know when it started, I just know."

"How did you know... that you love me?" Bai An Cheng's face is still fire truck red and he couldn't help it. This is new territory for him and this would be his first confession ever.

"I'm not really sure myself." The man in his arms starts pulling away from him so he held him close and continued.

"I'm not interested in you at first. Yes, you have that debt to me but I honestly didn't plan on using it or anything."

"But what made you change your mind?" Bai An Cheng tentatively said. He looks up at Ansell's face and sees him looking at him with such tenderness his heart itches and throbs.

His hands twitched.

"When I saw you on that party, I suddenly had a thought of making you mine. Of having you for myself, doting on you, and loving you..." He stared contemplatively and searched through Bai An Cheng's face to see his reactions.

"I know it's unsettling, hearing about these thoughts, but I couldn't help it. It just sprung out and it won't stop no matter what I do, I just have to have you for myself, and so I did."

"That's why you used my 'debt'."

"Yes. It's an unmanly and devious way to get your love but I'll take whatever just to have you. I know I'm annoying you that's why you're avoiding me but please, just give me a chance to prove myself to you."

Ansell took Bai An Cheng's hands nestled atop his chest and held it in his own. He sincerely looks at the other's eyes and hoped that he really gives him this chance. Bai An Cheng gulped as he stared at their joined hands, he looks up to see the looks Ansell is giving him and another bout of itchiness in his heart makes itself known.

His throat tightens as he pulled his hands away from Ansell's own. He turned around and Ansell felt his heart crumbles into dust as he misinterprets his action. Bai An Cheng turned around to avoid the man seeing his beet red face. A little more push and he's afraid he'll combust into mush and he doesn't want that. Not in front of Ansell.

Ansell is about to beg more—he's not above begging if it would result to the boy to at least consider—when Bai An Cheng spoke.

"C-could you... let me think about it?" With that, Ansell felt he's the luckiest man in the world as he shouts in joy.