Arc 1.7

Edited: 3/23/2019

<With further deliberation and hesitation, the picture above is Troy Sullivan>

The next day, Madison finally had the chance to properly meet Troy. When Madison walked into the dining hall, Troy is already there conversing amicably with his parents. They saw him walk in and gave their good morning's to him that he greets back. Only when he sat down did they started eating their breakfast.

Madison just shook his head with that kind of arrangement.

If he remembered correctly, Troy lost his parents at a young age; the true head of the family, Leonard Sullivan, and Sabrina Lacson-Sullivan. Leonard is older than Mason and is the favored child of Alfredo, but Sandra favors Mason more.

Troy is the heir of the family without question because compared to Madison, the competent and responsible older cousin is really the best choice. Madison's just famous for being arrogant but his attitude couldn't back up his actions.

It's fine with the original Madison and his parents because they live comfortably and they have their own company to support them.

Because the two of them have a comfortable relationship with each other, Madison initiated a talk with him. He also wants to find out the status of the protagonist. Surely by now, Troy is slowly falling in love with Alexandra Myers.

"How are you, cousin? We haven't really talked these past days, are you still busy with your studies and work?"

Madison reached for his glass of milk, Mason handed him a toast with chocolate spread. He gave him a small smile that made his father's day. Tracy put some eggs and bacon on his plate; he gave her a smile too.

Troy is observing the family, he's seating a little far away from the rest and from outsider's point of view, he seems to be isolated, a stranger looking in from a window. He clenched his fists under the table while still putting on a cordial mask.

"I'm alright, Madi, you know how it is. I'm still learning the ropes of everything, even with the help of Uncle Mason and the secretaries, there are still things to know."

Madison looked towards Troy, observing his expressions. He felt an undeniable animosity coming from this man and couldn't figure out why. He thought the original and Troy are close, even the original's parents couldn't get a single response without sounding arrogant but this person here could converse with Madison like any normal being. So why?

Why feel hatred Troy? What is it that you're hiding?

An Cheng had an inkling thought. First with his reaction in the hospital and then now, but he couldn't—wouldn't—make an assumption. In his line of work, if he made a decision without an explicit order from above or without further proof, he'll be dead meat come morning.

So, he'll just pretend to be amicable too, let's see who'll last.

"How about you, Madi? When will you be back to school?" Troy sipped from his cup of tea, the tone so casual no one would doubt he had an ulterior motive.

The pair of husband and wife didn't notice anything, just continued feeding their only son. Even the maids and butlers hearing it didn't think anything much of it, just thought it's an inquiry from a responsible and caring cousin to another.

But Madison thought otherwise.

"Same thing, cousin. You know me, I don't like going out so much that people will see me." Madison answered, with his own hint of superiority complex. "About university... I'll be back tomorrow."

The couple immediately voiced their complaints. 

"No, we've talked about this, as long as the problems weren't solved yet, you're not allowed to come back to that wretched place." Mason said.

Tracy nods her head frantically, slightly annoyed that her nephew reminded her precious son about the incident. Troy just calmly sipped his tea, his thoughts unknown, while Madison continued drinking his cooling milk.

Madison is pulled out from university a month ago due to rumors flying around. They said he's a slut and any man could only ask him and he'll give them his body in exchange of money and drugs. Because Madison in school doesn't really have any friends to help him, coupled with his arrogant and overbearing attitude, everyone hates him and bullies him.

The couple, hearing of those atrocious acts, are considerably furious. Anyone who knows the real Madison knows that he hates people touching his body so who can claim that they had sex with him, let alone touched his bare hands? Tracy and Mason pulled out their son in the university and threatened the principal that if he didn't straighten his act and cleaned the school, he'll find himself at the bottom of the society.

Thoroughly scared, the principal began his purging of the bullies and cleaned Madison's name. Now, a month later, it's safe to say that A University, one of the most prestigious schools in A Country, is a bully-free environment.

Madison now feels it's time to go back to school. Not to study of course, even if An Cheng wants to go to school for personal reasons, everyone knows the original isn't really good at studying. Besides, he wants to personally monitor the protagonist and male lead's progress in their relationship. Now that Lucky isn't here, and won't be back for a few days, he's on his own.

Of course, he can use his earring to act as his surveillance camera, he can also hack Troy's phone to know his schedule and create chances for the two of them to meet but Madison thought that having a first-hand opportunity will make his work much better.

Troy is also studying at A University in his final year, along with the protagonist. Even if Madison is still in his freshmen years, he's often than not besides his cousin. So why not let them meet in the guise of Madison's created opportunity right?

First, he needs to placate his alarmed parents.

"Mom, dad, the principal already assured that everything is alright. Besides, I'm already bored here, I want to do something."

"You could... go to the mall if you like." Mason weakly replied.

Madison acted disgusted. "No, I would go back to school, and that's final." He arrogantly said.

The couple knowing they couldn't win against their son, only conceded. But they plan on threatening the principal some more that if something happened to their son while in the university's vicinity, he should prepare his grave. Of course, their son didn't need to know that.

Troy sensing the couple's mood stood up and excused himself. The two only nodded absently while still thinking of their plan. Madison observed Troy some more while he's walking away.

Something's going to happen I can feel it. Madison trusts his intuition; it saved him one too many times in his past life not to heed its advice to be alert.