Chapter Six

Winter P.O.V.
A few days ago Ken told me that he has made up his mind and will not be changing me he said its to much of a risk. I left so upset that I ran out of the castle and into the woods I was outside for a while until Bashar came to get me. He tried to bring me to Ken's office but I wouldn't go I don't want to face him so I went to my room and locked myself in. The only person I let in was Sally so she brought me my food and all.
I spent my hours looking outside and watching the woods I don't know why but it feels like the woods is calling for me. I got up and walked into the bathroom. I shut and locked the door undressed and got the shower started. I waited until it felt nice and warm once it was at the right temperature I walked in and washed away my stress. Once I was all cleaned and shaved I got out and wrapped a towel around me I brushed my hair and teeth. I walked out of the bathroom and over to my closet to pick out an .
Once I was fully dressed I walked out of my closet over to my door I unlocked it and walked out. I looked around trying to make sure no one is coming. I don't want to get caught and be brought to Ken. I made my through the castle without being caught. Once I got to the door that leads outside I opened it quickly and ran out freedom I thought to myself as I quickly made my way through empty flied and into the lonely forest. I walked around for a while but made sure I stayed close to the edge so i don't get lost like I did the last time. When I noticed it started to get dark I made my way towards the castle. I walked in and noticed that the maids and cooks were cleaning the dinning room. I quickly walk across the room and into the hallway. I began to pass the living room until I heard voices well more like Ken's.
I quickly hide behind the wall and listened to their conversation. "So you and a human" some guy snickered I heard a slap and the same guy saying ow "leave ken alone he can't help that he has a human as a mate and not a strong one at that" some girl said I heard a few people laugh "so are you going to change her?" the guy from before ask "I can't" Ken said "well why not?" the girl asked man I really need to learn these peoples names. "Because it might kill her and I can't lose her not again" Ken said almost in a whisper "that might be true but you need a real Queen Ken not just a pathetic human girl that can't do anything herself but lock herself in her room" the guy growled I felt hurt is this what the pack thinks of me? Pathetic. I ran down the hallway and through the castle until I made to to the Alpha and Beta floor. I ran into my room crying now and I began to pack. Ken will do so much better without me. He doesn't have to worry about some pathetic girl getting into his way he doesn't have to worry about my safety.
After I was all packed I hid my backpack in my closet not wanting anyone to find it knowing that Sally will be here any minute "Winter it's Sally" Sally said through the door. I got off my bed and walked over to the door I unlocked it and let Sally in. She walks over to my bedside table and sat the tray of food down. She turned around and looked at me confused "why are you dressed? Your usually in sweatpants and a over sized sweatshirt" Sally said I shrugged "I felt like getting pretty today" I said as I walked over to the tray of food and grabbing plate with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Sally and I talked for a bit I tried my hardest to keep quite about the woods and what I heard about Ken and the people he was talking about. After I was done eating Sally took my tray and left. I can't leave yet though Ken is going to come by try and get me to open the door for him. And right on queue Ken knocked on the door. "Winter baby I need to talk to you" Ken said through the door "Ken just leave me alone there's nothing for us to talk about" I said as I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on acting like I'm about to take a shower. I waited a bit before I heard Ken walk away.
Before I left I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a little note for Ken. Once the note was all writen I read it over once I was
I turned the shower off and and made my way to my closest. I grabbed my bag and left my room I walked through the castle trying to get to the side door. Everyone is already asleep so my only problem is to not wake them up. I walked through the dinning hall down a mini hallway and out the back door. I ran into the woods not planning on coming back.
Ken's P.O.V.
I can't take this anymore I need my mate i need my Winter. She has locked herself in her room for the past week. I got out of bed and walked out of my room and over to Winter's. I grabbed the key that goes to everyone's room and unlocked her door. I walked in to find the place empty. I looked around confused she's no where to be found. I walked over to her closet to find it opened I walked in and looked around but to find no Winter. I walked out of the closet and over to the bathroom. I knocked on the door since it's closed but didn't hear anyone I waited a couple of seconds but when I still didn't hear anything I opened the door to find it empty. 'Where is she?' my wolf asked I walked over to her bed I was about to sit down until I saw a note.
Dear ken
I know you care about me but I also care about you. I'm not good for you or your pack you deserve a strong girl that can help you rule the werewolf community and a girl that can bare your pups. I left so you can have a better life you don't need to worry about me Sally told me about this place where free slaves goes to so I'll be heading there. Thank you for everything Ken and I hope you have a wonderful life.
-Winter

I felt tears pooling out of my eyes. I can't believe she left. I walked out of her room with the note in hand and walked over to my office. As I sat down on my desk chair as I mind linked Bashar and Thad I also told Bashar to get Sally. I know it's early but Winter is gone and I will get her back. The door to my office and everyone that I called walked in "Alpha do you know what time it is?" Thad asked as he yawned "yes I know but Winter is gone and she left this note" I said as I slammed the paper on the desk.
Bashar picked up the paper and read it "there's a place for free slaves?" Bashar asked confused I looked over at Sally to see her pale. "I told Winter about the free slave town years ago. It didn't become a place until until Winter was 5 I'm shocked that she still remembers that story" Sally said shocked I looked at her confused "Where is it?" I asked "on no mans land between the Vampire taritory and werewolf taritory" Sally said "why there?" Thad asked after he read the note "that's because Werewolves and Vampires are the only supernatural that buys slaves" Sally said.
"So what are we going to do Alpha?" Thad asks "we are going to that free slave town and get my mate back" I said "yes but I don't think she will like to see you right now what if we send someone else or go undercover" Bashar said "perfect" I sat up "Thad go and get Elsa" I said he nodded bowed and ran out of the room. "Who's Elsa?" Sally asked "the packs witch" I said as I sat back down in my chair. A few seconds later Thad walked in with "Alpha what could I help you with?" Elsa asked "I need you to change us to look like humans" I said.
"There you go Alpha to every Werewolf and Vampire you look the same but to humans you look different" Elsa said "perfect Sally what do you think?" I asked as I turned towards her she looked at us all a bit confused "so different" she said as she looked at us all. "Now it might be best if we change our names so Winter really don't know it really is us" Bashar said "okay give me a moment to think... alright I have a name I'll be " I said "than I'm " Bashar said "I've always wanted a different name and if I could change my name it would be " Thad said sounding excited.
"Who will watch over the pack?" Elsa asked "Princton my third in command" I said which reminds me I should have mind linked him about this. 'Princton Bashar, Thad and I are going on a little trip can you watch the pack for me?' 'of course Alpha' he said. "alright I think we are set" I told everyone the guys and I left the room. We walked down the the garage and I picked out my favorite vehicle a matte Gray W.