03

Alex stayed silence to process what Dr. Jonathan said to him.

" I say thank you for what you did, Dr. Rojas. Now I can relieve about her. I hope she can recovery soon. Sorry to say this but I have another patient waiting for me."

"oh, okay, doctor. I understand. Thank you for the information, " Alex said and hung up.

A moment Alex just stared at her. He didn't believe what he heard from Dr. Jonathan. She suffered a lot maybe start from when he divorced her. God, he made a bad mistake. It was horrible.

He sat beside of her. He remembered the day he threw a divorce paper on her face. She just stunned and didn't say anything. She was silence and then she took and signed it. Then she left bringing her suitcase. He gave her compensation in enough amount of money. He thought it was just solve the problem but he just made it worse. The present was here, in front of him. The weak body was lying down on the bed. It was concrete proof.

He then cried. He was feeling regret. She lied down because of him. She lost her baby, their baby because of him. It tore his heart. So this was something bother him after the divorce. But what happened about the money he gave?

He didn't take long if he was thinking. He called his PI and asked him to find everything about Annastacia Constantin in five years back. He asked to make it as soon as possible and sent the file to him.

Now, as he stared at the thin body he made a promise.

"whatever happen to you now in the future, I promise to take care of you as our vow in front of God, till death do us apart. I know I make you suffer and not keeping it because my stupid assumption. And now when you want a child that badly, but you just can't. And I am sorry. Please wake up, baby. Talk to me. If you want just hit me. Beat me to death if you can fulfill your revenge on me. Please... "

He kissed her hand then her forehead. He couldn't kiss her lips because that stupid mask on her face. Her body was cold. He clasped her hand and rubbed it, hope it made her felt warm.

A nurse came in and stunned when she found Alex sat beside the patient. Because the noise he turned his head toward the nurse.

"uhm.. I'm sorry if I disturb you, doctor, but I have to say this about patient. She-"

Alex interrupted her.

"prepare everything about this patient's paper. I take her on my responsibility, " the nurse stared at him then nodded. "and when she became any better, I want to move her in to my house. Is that clear? "

" I understand, doctor, " Alex made a small nod. "please excuse me. "

The door slammed close.

He raised up from the chair and grabbed her bag. He rummaged again and found two bottles, small one. When he looked at it, was anti-depressant pill and the other was sleeping pill. He stood still and his mind playback to years ago. She couldn't sleep unless he slept beside her and wrapped his arm around her. And it was a routine night.

Now, when she was alone, she had to take it to be able to sleep peacefully forced. And this anti-depressant one is... What the hell? Was she too desperate..  Of course! This was used for people desperately to make themselves to stand still in their life. And she was one of them.

He sighed loudly enough to her to hear but she couldn't. He rubbed his face as he stared at her breath in and out slowly but she was stable. Now she had to rest fully until she could move in with him while she liked it or not because he resisted to take care of her until death do as apart vows.

He startled when her phone rang. It showed Owner Silver Service on the screen. He didn't think twice and answered it.

"hello? " the man's voice in other line was strong and urgent.

"yes, " Alex answered.

It paused a moment.

"can I speak to Ms. Constantin? "

" I'm sorry, you can't, Sir. She has an accident. I am her doctor."

"oh, my. I am sorry. By the way how is she? "

"uhm, Sir, she is unconscious after the surgery and now she has been sedate. And it takes days to wait her until she wakes up. "

"oh..," there was a pause again. "pardon me, doctor. I have to say this. We are small agent and we have many orders to take our service order in tight schedule. If  she can't work until then, I have to find another one to work for us. I know her situation and she agree in our terms of it. So.. She-"

" I know what you mean, Sir. I understand. So don't mind me. I take her place to say she accept your decision. Thank you for your help to make her work for her life. Don't bother to say sorry because I understand. "

Alex thought the man in another line was thinking about his words. Then he imagined him nodded while he spoke.

"that's it. And say my hello to her when she wakes up and sorry. "

" I will, Sir. "

"thank you. "

And the line was dead. Alex took a deep breath. With this, he could feel how hard she worked her ass. Before he thought again, the phone rang.

"hello, Ms. Constantin, " another call and it was a woman now. The old ones it liked. He didn't say anything because the woman didn't mind to burst out. "you owe me 3 months rent. And I have enough of your excuses. Now, there is people will gladly take your room and before tonight you won't come, I will throw your things out. Understand. "

Before he spoke the line was dead. What the hell?

He stared at her phone weirdly. It's different the last time he was with her. So simple and not even freaking apple she had. He checked on her contact list to find 3 people called her earlier and the rest was few digits number he presumed it was her bill or something and Dr. Jonathan. She was all alone these years.

Wow. He could say nothing.

He looked at the weak body. How many burden she had to carry because of him? Even she was thin, lifeless and oh My God. He just couldn't say. It was hard to describe.

"no matter what happen and what you say, you stay with me forever. I can lose you again. Not because of me. Stupid bastard me. "

He said full of determined nd regret.

He decided to come picking her things at 5 today. He just walked in and followed his intuition to her apartment. Now, he was standing in front of the door 301. He opened with her spare keys and shocked to find her things were ready. He didn't find anyone but sure it was her doing. Anna did. There were a few boxes in small and large. Her things were not many though. In an hour he could pack her things and brought them to his SUV. He didn't forget to put an envelope where cash money was in, placed on her dining table and signed after her name.

He drove them home and asked one of his maids to put them in a room across his. Then he drove back to hospital to make it sure he could take her home, to their home now. He made sure she could accept him again. If it needed, they could remarried again even it had to be forced.