Chapter 6

The rest of the school day went by pretty quickly.

During math class Cambry asked if I wanted to go to her house after school. I excitedly accepted her invitation.

I quickly sent my mom a text telling her that I would be staying after school to do some extra studying in the library. I knew it was a lie, but I didn't want to tell her that I was going to a friends house. I really didn't feel like being bombarded with questions, and I knew that would happen, considering she didn't even know I had a friend.

After the bell rang, indicating the end of the day, I ran out to my car where I had told Cambry to meet me.

She wasn't there.  

Just as I was about to go back into the school to find her, she popped out from behind the car.

"Boo."

I almost jumped out of my skin.

She laughed hysterically at my reaction.

"You should've seen your face. I though you were gonna piss yourself."

"Well I almost did! Why the hell did you even do that?" I said, laughing.

"I was bored. I've been in school all day, I wanted some excitment."

She pulled me in for a kiss.

Feeling the softness of her lips against mine, I never wanted to let go; but of course, all good things must come to an end.

"You're gonna have to tell me how to get to your house because I have no idea where you live." I told her.

"No problem."

When we got to Cambry's house I was surprised by how big it was. It was at least twice as big as my house. 

"Wow." I said. "Nice house."

"Yeah, I'm Kinda rich." she said teasingly.

I laughed. I loved her cockiness.

When we got inside, we were greeted by the smell of fresh baked cookies.

We walked into the kitchen to see a woman standing at the oven. I was guessing it was Cambry's mother.

"Hey, Mom."      Yup, I was right.

She sat a batch of fresh baked cookies down on the counter and looked up at us. She was very pretty. The first thing I noticed about her were her eyes. They were bright green, Just like Cambry's. They looked a lot alike except for the fact that Cambry had brown hair and her mom had blonde hair.

"Hey, Cam. How was your day at school?"

"It was great!" she replied.

Her mom then looked at me. 

"You must be Ali. Cam has told me all about you! 

I couldn't help but blush. I hoped Cambry hadn't actually told her everything.

"Yup, that's me!" I said awkwardly.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, sweetheart! Would you like a cookie?"

I really didn't want one, but I didn't want to be rude, so I took one off the plate and thanked her.

"Cam, why don't you two go up to your room and do your homework, I'll call you when dinner is ready."

Cambry's room was was big, with purple walls and all kinds of animal print decorations. It was wild looking, but it fit her personality.

I sat down on her bed and opened my book bag. I sighed as i took out my math book and opened it.

Cambry walked over to me.

"What's wrong? 

"Nothing. I just really hate math." I said.

"Well,  you know, we can do something else if you want to."

She leaned in and pressed her lips against mine. My stomach fluttered and I got chills as I pulled her in closer. Our lips broke apart and she began kissing down my neck and onto my chest, making her way to my breasts. Just when things were about to get really heated, I got a little uncomfortable and pushed her away.

"Why did you push me away?"she asked, looking a little hurt.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I just want to get to know you a little better before we do anything again. We kinda rushed into things last night"

"Oh. It's ok. I understand. So, what do you wanna know about me?"

"I don't know, everything."

"Well, that's gonna be a lot of talkin'"

It's fine. We've got time, your mom hasn't called us down to dinner yet."

She laughed. "Ok."

We sat on her bed for two hours just talking. We talked about everything from what kind of food she likes to what her what her biggest dreams were.

I also told her all about me, although there wasn't much to tell.

After we had dinner I felt pretty tired and decided I should head home. Cambry walked me to my car.

"I'm happy you came over today." she said

"Me too."

"I'm glad we had that talk, too. You were right. We did kinda rush things. But now that we know a little more about eachother, we can go back to having fun, right?"

I laughed. "Sure."

And I meant it. After talking to her about so much, I felt even more connected to her.