Chapter 14

Jeff's P.O.V

Chapter 14: 

I pushed through the door, expecting her to be sitting quietly perched on my bed. Instead she stood there, frozen. Her body shaking relentlessly as she moved slowly to plunge the winking needle into her arm, I stared as the green liquid chuckled wickedly at her weakness. Growling I leaped forward and kicked the needle out of her hand, a shattering of glass mirrored as it hit the wall. The green liquid oozed down the dark grey of my wall, I could hear it snarking as it gradully dried up. She looked up at me. Her eyes were glassy with upcoming tears, her face confused. "Why did you do that?" She yelled, her voice seething with sadness and tremoring with pain. I shook my head, she raised her fists at me. I held up my arm in defence, tilting my head to make eye contact with her, "I did not bring you here, so you can treat yourself like they treated you in that...that prison!" I said to her through clenched teeth, she stared into my eyes and once again I found that I was sucked away into the vortex that only her eyes could create whenever I looked into them. For only a brief moment I felt as though all I wanted to do was let that vortex consume me, but the trance was broken once she blinkedher eyes, "You don't know...I had to quieten it down, I need to...Its-its all I know" Her soaked voice trailed off, she collapsed onto the floor. Her face in her hands, my body just wanted to reach out and catch her. Hold her in my arms and stroke her tear drenched hair, tell her that she was okay. That I could help her, instead I stood there. Awkwardly I crouched down and cautiously reached out a clammy hand to push away her lovely hair hiding away her face. Watching her sob into her hands, a feeling of helplessness swept over me, a helpnessness I was far from used too. Her pained wails quietened for a moment as she turned her head to look up at me.  Once again I was engulfed into those eyes, the vibrant colors making something broken in me start to move. Start to work again. Shakily I touched her cheek, an electric warmth slithered through my arm and up my spine. Frowning I pulled away my hand, "Listen...I am not you, you are not me...But I can help you" she looked up at me and wiped her eyes, no trace of tears lay on her face. Her eyes still remained full of the fire that I found so overwhelming about her, I took a deep breath. Inhaling the strong scent of lavendar that came off her. I frowned, I hated flowers. As a matter of a fact anything pretty I wanted it to die. But with her, I shook the thought away, there was no point in thinking about such stupid things, "How can you? I can't even help myself!" She said exsasperated, I grinned, scooting closer to her and clutching her delicate shoulders in my broad hands, she sat up and looked into my eyes. "We all started off like you, but...You are different from us all.."  I said, I quickly moved my hands away becoming aware of the physical contact I was making with someone I had just met. She frowned and stood up, I slowly did the same. "How...What, I don't know.." she looked down. I could feel her memories, her pain flying off in her head. She was hiding something from me, there ws so much pain and agony going on inside of her I just had to find out. Then I could help, help her figure out how to control herself and what ever is going on in her head. 

I offered to take her somewhere, the place where I felt able to talk out my pain. Maybe she would feel the same, I shrugged my shoulders as I jumped over the fence, waiting for her on the other side. She walked behind me as I led her up the hill and sat down, "Here..." I said, ordering her to sit on the floor. She nodded and did so, she sat down quietly and looked out at the view. The high hill was in the center of an old park, the park I used to go to with my family. Before everything became hell, before I became hell. I too in a quick breath, trying to push away the past that seemed all too harmful. The past where I had a family. I looked down at her, she sat still. Her mind was obviously fighting something. I took a deep breath, I needed to help her. I couldn't bear watching someone with such talents as her, suffer so harshly on the inside. As much as the suffering, pain of other usaully soothed me, it was different with her. "I still never got your name.." She said quietly, I looked away. Pulling in a ragged breath I replied, "It..Is Jeff..My name is Jeff" There was a moment of silence, "Well are you not gonna ask what my name is?" She asked, looking up at me, a frown spreading across her fore head. "Uh..Yeah, what's your name?" I asked quickly, she grinned slightly. "Alice..I am Alice"  Her voice smiled at the name, it spread through her lips as thick as honey. "Alice..." I said to myself, the name leaking off my tongue as though it was clear, clean water. "Nice name isn't it" I said playfully, grinning slightly back at her. She shrugged, "Yeah, and it's mine"